Author Topic: N Scale Sawmill Green Chain....  (Read 269 times)

Sumner

• Crew
  • Respect: +700
    • My Home Pages....
N Scale Sawmill Green Chain....
« on: September 26, 2024, 07:33:14 PM »
+4
=========================================

You can find the print files for the 'green chain' on thingiverse ( HERE ).

This sawmill green chain is modeled loosely off of the one at Hull-Oakes Sawmill. It will be part of my sawmill scene and will attach to the side of the main sawmill building. I decided to put the print files up thinking maybe someone else could use it in a sawmill scene. If you do send me some pictures and I'll add them to the build.

If you use the #20 file shown above some of the structure elements are very small and more apt to break when removing the supports.

The #30 print option has some of those elements beefed up by a bit (.005”/ .13mm) so are a little stronger and you really can't see the increase in size much.

I let ChituBox put the supports in and used the smallest size. Lots of them so took maybe 20 minutes to remove them carefully. Had a couple small things break but it is really hard to see them and won't be seen at all when it is on the layout.

Above is a picture of Hull-Oakes green chain and...

…. another one above. I tried to get the design somewhat close.

I love the printer and the resin. Couldn't hope for much more. Most of the detail is still too small to see at much of a distance so I don't need more in print resolution.

….. hope some of you guys can maybe get some use out of this design.

More info on the green chain on my site ( HERE ).

A link to this whole build ( HERE ).

Sumner
« Last Edit: September 26, 2024, 07:37:30 PM by Sumner »
Working in N Scale ---Modeling UP from late 40's to early 70's very loosely......

Under$8.00 Servo turnout Control --- 3D Printed Model RR Objects -- My Home Page

http://1fatgmc.com/RailRoad/RR Main/Link Page Menu.html

Sumner

• Crew
  • Respect: +700
    • My Home Pages....
09-27-24: Added print files for posts, beams, trusses and a roof for the green
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2024, 06:46:51 PM »
+1
09-27-24:   Added print files for posts, beams, trusses and a roof for the green chain.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- .

In my build the roof connects into the main building. I modified it (above) for those that can't do that and need a stand-alone roof over their green Chain.  Also added another option where the walkways have individual boards that show.

More images and info on my site ( HERE ).

A link to this whole build ( HERE ).

Sumner
Working in N Scale ---Modeling UP from late 40's to early 70's very loosely......

Under$8.00 Servo turnout Control --- 3D Printed Model RR Objects -- My Home Page

http://1fatgmc.com/RailRoad/RR Main/Link Page Menu.html