Author Topic: Amherst Scaletrains Announcements  (Read 3519 times)

EspeeGoldenState

• Crew
  • Respect: +114
    • Modern Southern Pacific
Re: Amherst Scaletrains Announcements
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2024, 06:41:03 PM »
Has there been any rumors of Scale Trains doing an SD45T-2?

For some reason I kinda just assumed they had already done it in HO.  Now I see they haven't.   Also in re-educating myself about tunnel motors I now see that for the mid 70s I would 'need' the 45s, not 40s.  Not that I restrict myself to that era.   :facepalm:

I'm trying to decide how many N SD40T-2 to pre-order and figuring if I want to run them with IM SD45T-2s and how long I might be doing that for.

They haven't announced an HO version of the SD45T-2, but most surmise its only a matter of time. The SD40T-2 shares the frame as the SD45X (which they announced recently) as well as the SD45T-2. And the SD40A and SDP45s.

I'm no Nostradamus, but I would venture the HO versions would be announced before (or perhaps along side) the N scale versions. But they have only done 1 run of the HO SD40T-2 in 2020. I'd say its inevitable for SD45T-2s in N scale from them, but I would guess at least 1-2 years before then.
Attempting to model a modern Southern Pacific based in 2015/2016...

Also, I have a passenger train addiction...

jagged ben

• Crew
  • Respect: +496
Re: Amherst Scaletrains Announcements
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2024, 11:26:56 PM »
... The SD40T-2 shares the frame as the SD45X (which they announced recently) as well as the SD45T-2. And the SD40A and SDP45s.

Interesting.  Yeah, it feels like a matter of time, but you never know.  I was wondering if anyone had seen or heard any 'we're considering it' type of comments on social media or in personal encounters.