Author Topic: MTL March 2022 releases have been announced  (Read 2655 times)

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4703
    • www.bbussey.net
MTL March 2022 releases have been announced
« on: March 02, 2022, 06:06:03 PM »
Micro-Trains March 2022

https://www.micro-trains.com/archives/mediakit/medkit2203.html

The ghost-CB&Q/BN Centerflow in the new BNSF Family Tree series looks promising.  I love the ghost cars.
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

Angus Shops

• Crew
  • Respect: +274
Re: MTL March 2022 releases have been announced
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 08:44:14 PM »
A CN flatcar with a Mosquito load seems like a odd choice… Mosquito’s were built in Canada during WWII, but all the same…

Englewood

• Crew
  • Respect: +285
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 10:10:32 PM »
I might pick up the stock cars.
I'm still waiting for the second set of TBOXes that are showing a January release date....

Rivet Miscounter

• Crew
  • Respect: +391
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 11:47:53 PM »
Another nice Z release for me with the (already done in N) BNSF ex-Procor BH flats.   Only need 1 so yet another split/selloff situation, but they're nice looking era-appropriate cars and worth the hassle.
Doug

nkalanaga

• Crew
  • Respect: +1424
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2022, 02:00:13 AM »
Oddly, my (obsolete) browser wouldn't let me use the link until I removed the "www." from it.  Then, it worked fine, but I couldn't download the PDF file, becaue IT wouldn't work, again due to the "www.".  The same solution worked there.

In both cases the error was the same - "invalid certificate".  The site's certificate is only valid for "micro-trains.com", not "www.micro-trains.com"  Not an error I see often.
N Kalanaga
Be well

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +5210
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2022, 02:22:06 AM »
Oddly, my (obsolete) browser wouldn't let me use the link until I removed the "www." from it.  Then, it worked fine, but I couldn't download the PDF file, becaue IT wouldn't work, again due to the "www.".  The same solution worked there.

In both cases the error was the same - "invalid certificate".  The site's certificate is only valid for "micro-trains.com", not "www.micro-trains.com"  Not an error I see often.

Same on my (current) Seamonkey browser (based on Mozilla engine, just like Firefox).  Here is the text of the warning I see:

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked SeaMonkey to connect securely to www.micro-trains.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, websites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this website's identity can't be verified.
What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this website without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the website, and you shouldn't continue.
Technical Details

www.micro-trains.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for micro-trains.com
Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN
Error code: <a id="errorCode" title="SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN">SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN[/url]

This is something the MTL Webmaster has to correct.
. . . 42 . . .

keeper

• Crew
  • Gichi-Gami Railroad
  • Respect: +319
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2022, 05:54:23 AM »
Yep, same here.
Although the certificate is valid until next year...

Thomas
Thomas

Ageing is inevitable - maturity is optional.

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5640
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2022, 06:03:43 AM »
+1
Maybe they should fix the internet instead of fixing every site?  :P

asarge

• Crew
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2022, 08:56:13 AM »
+1
I'm in for the flat cars. Like seeing the loads even though some painting maybe involved. Like the cattle loads too but I need them in some other roadnames.

JoeD

• Crew
  • Respect: +1160
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2022, 11:13:14 AM »
A CN flatcar with a Mosquito load seems like a odd choice… Mosquito’s were built in Canada during WWII, but all the same…

Its based on a photo of one being taken to an air museum someplace in Canada.

Joe

BCR751

• Crew
  • A.K.A. Mr. Goodenough
  • Respect: +161
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2022, 12:05:59 PM »
Maybe it's just me but MTL seems to be gravitating more toward the collector market with some of these offerings :(

Doug

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +8997
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2022, 12:39:41 PM »
Maybe it's just me but MTL seems to be gravitating more toward the collector market with some of these offerings :(

Doug

Maybe this month, but there are still lots of good things in there, and personally I appreciate a month off of stuff I have to pickup.

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4703
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2022, 12:49:37 PM »

I let the big-wigs know and got an email response that they have forwarded the information to their webmaster.

MTL always has been heavy with collector-centric releases, as that is what keeps the lights on and allows them to tool and deco prototypical models and schemes.  If you want to see them continue to tool new models and offer prototypical schemes, you have to tolerate the collectable-themed releases.  That includes a lot of the special runner packs and payloads.  There's crossover with the prototype modelers, but the collector base is the primary target.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 03:37:07 PM by bbussey »
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

BCR751

• Crew
  • A.K.A. Mr. Goodenough
  • Respect: +161
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2022, 01:25:09 PM »

MTL always has been heavy with collector-centric releases, as that is what keeps the lights on and allows them to tool and deco prototypical models and schemes.  If you want to see them continue to tool new models and offer prototypical schemes, you have to tolerate the collectable-themed releases.  That includes a lot of the special runner packs and payloads.  There's crossover with the prototype modelers, but the collector base is the primary target.

Fair enough......

Doug

Angus Shops

• Crew
  • Respect: +274
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2022, 08:42:02 PM »
+2
Its based on a photo of one being taken to an air museum someplace in Canada.

Joe

And it didn’t take me more than a few seconds to find an image! Interesting, but I tend to model the ordinary, rather than the extraordinary. I have no issue at all with the idea of keeping the lights on with products for the collector market, just as long as the modeller community is not forgotten. MTL can be applauded for continually providing amazing models in N scale.