Author Topic: A Teaser (for trucks) from Trainworx  (Read 6737 times)

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +5229
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: A Teaser (for trucks) from Trainworx
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2022, 02:14:00 PM »
Pete,

I felt it might be more interesting to update this old thread rather than start a new thread.  If I recall what I was told at the convention correctly, these trucks were on the production schedule when the factory shut down.

I have no problem with what you have done, and I would have done the same thing.  I was just surprised that it was 5 years ago!  Although compared to let's say Intermountain,, that is not bad. 
. . . 42 . . .

Englewood

• Crew
  • Respect: +286
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2022, 06:12:35 PM »
Did he say anything about any of the other trucks and trailers that we're still waiting on?

kscessandriver

• Crew
  • Respect: +55
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2022, 07:25:51 PM »
+1
Did he say anything about any of the other trucks and trailers that we're still waiting on?

Seconded. I've probably got $800 worth of trainworx stuff on pre-order, if it ever gets built.

mu26aeh

• Crew
  • Respect: +3509
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2022, 07:30:50 PM »
In another post it was mentioned he hoped to start shipping again in early-mid 2023

I too have a lot on pre-order, dump trucks and LTL tractors.   My luck it all ships at once

cfritschle

• Crew
  • Respect: +293
    • N Scale Vehicle Association
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2022, 12:38:02 AM »

I only asked about the two Legends of the Road trucks.
Carter

N Scale Vehicle Association
"For the modeler and collector of 1:160 scale model vehicles and equipment"
http://nscalevehicles.org/

nkalanaga

• Crew
  • Respect: +1427
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2022, 01:53:33 AM »
kscessandriver:  Your're in good shape!  My total reservations for Trainworx are $1,420.79, at my dealer's discounted prices.

I also have one of the grain trucks reserved, and hope I get it.  Due to unforeseen circumstances, my original reservation elsewhere was cancelled, and I had to reorder from NSS late.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 01:55:29 AM by nkalanaga »
N Kalanaga
Be well

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +5229
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2022, 10:28:18 PM »
I contected Trainworx askigni about status of the N scale truck parts. Pat responded:

Yes, I have been trying for years to get the parts back in stock. Unfortunately no luck yet.  Sorry I don’t have the dual aluminum in stock at this time but still keeping my fingers crossed.  No body wants these parts more than me.

Looks like the factory in Chine is just not making them for Trainworx.  Seems that they are the ones controlling what is made, not the company that contracts them.
. . . 42 . . .

nkalanaga

• Crew
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2022, 12:40:54 AM »
Not uncommon with Chinese factories.  Unless the foreign company owns the factory, they have little control over it, contract or no contract.
N Kalanaga
Be well

nkalanaga

• Crew
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2022, 12:27:01 PM »
I've received an email from Trainworx saying these are shipping, so anyone who ordered direct should have them soon.
N Kalanaga
Be well

cfritschle

• Crew
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2022, 12:32:57 AM »
+7
The trucks arrived today, and they are awesome!

Carter

tpwillie

• Respect: 0
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2022, 07:41:03 PM »
These are another great product from Trainworx!  It shows how well they are made when one travels from China without the top plastic liner and the damages are the driver side mirror bent and partially detached and the walkways on both ends of the trailer were bent and one detached.  Scratched the inside of the jewel case.  Was able to bend and reattach all parts and you have to look closely to see where things weren't right.  Now all I need to do is locate a new acetate vac-formed top to protect the truck when I pack it away or transport it.  Is there a proper person or contact to make within the Trainworx corp to contact?  Again these are excellent representations of vehicles never produced to these standards in N scale.  Thanks again for researching, designing and producing these models with the details and graphics that are setting standards we hope other manufacturers try to achieve in 160th scale!     

cfritschle

• Crew
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2022, 11:58:50 PM »
These are another great product from Trainworx!  It shows how well they are made when one travels from China without the top plastic liner and the damages are the driver side mirror bent and partially detached and the walkways on both ends of the trailer were bent and one detached.  Scratched the inside of the jewel case.  Was able to bend and reattach all parts and you have to look closely to see where things weren't right.  Now all I need to do is locate a new acetate vac-formed top to protect the truck when I pack it away or transport it.  Is there a proper person or contact to make within the Trainworx corp to contact?  Again these are excellent representations of vehicles never produced to these standards in N scale.  Thanks again for researching, designing and producing these models with the details and graphics that are setting standards we hope other manufacturers try to achieve in 160th scale!     

You can contact Pat Sanders at this email address:  trainworx@wic.net
Carter

pmpexpress

• Crew
  • Respect: +136
    • Trains N Scale
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2022, 10:14:12 PM »
Although they have not yet been listed on the Hiawatha, Lombard, or MBK sites, as is often the case with short-run Trainworx semi tractors, trailers, and semi sets, ranging in Buy-it-Now price from $150 - $200 per set, these models began appearing on eBay earlier today.

mu26aeh

• Crew
  • Respect: +3509
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2022, 10:29:55 PM »
I don't get the $200 BIN when there are still $64.95 BIN available.  Guess sellers hope someone jumps without looking further

nkalanaga

• Crew
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2022, 01:09:32 AM »
N Scale Supply has (or, maybe, had) them Thursday.  Mine arrived today, and, I agree, very nice.  Be careful if you want to change the "landing gear".  It doesn't come off easily!

It's a tight press fit at both posts, plus there's an actual latch in the middle.  I ended up having to take the top off  the trailer to release the latch, which, in turn, meant detaching the canvas-roller handle on the end from the top.  Everything went back together fine, but it was stressful.  I certainly didn't want to break anything!

The trailer comes with the landing gear in the "down" position, for a parked trailer.  To use it with the tractor, the (included) "up" gear has to be installed.  Mine didn't have any instructions, so it took some work to figure it out.
N Kalanaga
Be well