Author Topic: Nice work  (Read 3000 times)

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +5130
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Nice work
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2015, 01:52:18 PM »

Only a guess, but I'm going with France.

Could he be French-Canadien?
. . . 42 . . .

Jesse6669

• Crew
  • Respect: +1259
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2015, 02:24:42 PM »

overwhelmed by some of the most INCREDIBLY GOD AWFUL stylized 'American' folk music soundtrack!
~Bruce

Superb layout but man, the music made me laugh out loud!   :facepalm:  Then again, kazoos always make me laugh.   

sizemore

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +75
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2015, 02:29:30 PM »
In the second video, did anyone notice the dual track over the bridge? That was pretty damn cool!

The S.

Thompson Sub: Instagram | Youtube | Website

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +2382
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2015, 03:23:07 PM »
In the second video, did anyone notice the dual track over the bridge? That was pretty damn cool!

You mean the gauntlet track? OMG, yes! Rarely modeled, definitely a distinctive feature.

I'm glad somebody else noticed the anachronism with the containers and well cars... in the same scene with Baldwin switchers. Oops. There were 45'/48' semi-trailers, too, which didn't exist before 1982. The funny thing is when there is as much attention to detail as there obviously is on this layout, the incongruities jump out at you that much more.
...mike

http://www.gibboncozadandwestern.com

Note: Images linked in my postings are on an HTTP server, not HTTPS. Enable "mixed content" in your browser to view.

There are over 1000 images on this server. Not changing anytime soon.

sizemore

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +75
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2015, 04:07:08 PM »
You mean the gauntlet track? OMG, yes! Rarely modeled, definitely a distinctive feature.

Yep! Couldnt think of the name when I posted. I'm a Commodore 64 working in a iPhone world.

The S.

Thompson Sub: Instagram | Youtube | Website

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +5130
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2015, 04:16:46 PM »
I'm a Commodore 64 working in a iPhone world.

And I'm a Sinclair ZX81 build from a kit - back then I couldn't afford a Commodore 64.  :D
. . . 42 . . .

jimmo

• Crew
  • Representing Willmodels
  • Respect: +6
    • Willmodels
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2015, 04:24:40 PM »
I liked the cab ride better than the helicopter footage. The rough trackage not only looked good but seemed to work well.

I thought that the trains all seemed to be going a little too fast--especially on the rough track and sharp curves.

If a layout could be shot with a camera that could rotate away from the isles and other non-modeled areas, that could be awesome.
James R. Will

mplsjct

• Crew
  • Respect: +435
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2015, 05:45:09 PM »

The S.

I was waiting for someone to comment on that, one of my favorite parts of the videos, that and the double headed Baldwins, we could use a few more Baldwins in N scale.
I’m not here to argue

Mstyle88

• Respect: 0
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2015, 06:43:25 PM »
Just found the site where this layout video is located, there are more pictures and track plan here -

http://jean-louis.simonet.perso.neuf.fr/Home_us.htm

Mstyle88

• Respect: 0
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2015, 11:05:26 AM »
Just found the site where this layout video is located, there are more pictures and track plan here -

http://jean-louis.simonet.perso.neuf.fr/Home_us.htm

Not sure how to edit my post, but the linking on this site is a little funky. This layout is found from that link by selecting in the top left corner, Layouts --> "New River Valley - An N scale empire depicting the old Chessie System in the "New River Valley". There are also a few other good layouts in that list as well.

And someone here was correct, it handlaid code 40!