Author Topic: Start Foaming..Lets See the STEAM!!!  (Read 136366 times)

160pennsy

• Crew
  • Respect: +183
Re: Start Foaming..Lets See the STEAM!!!
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2012, 06:32:55 PM »
Okay, here's part of my picture-posting problem:

I cannot "right click". My spanking new, top-of-the-line Apple MacIntosh mouse has only a single button control. No left click, no right click. Just "click".

Loren,

Follow these instructions from Apple and you will turn your one button magic mouse into an old fashioned 2 button (left/right click) mouse. Problem fixed !!

http://store.apple.com/us/question/answers/product/MB112LL/B?pqid=QCJYDU9HH4K2XDPKFY9TDJY7PJ2C77Y4T

Paul Ohegyi
Current Member
https://nrmrc.org/

Loren Perry

• Crew
  • Respect: +106
« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2012, 08:39:19 PM »
To all you mouseketeers with suggestions on making my little magic rodent a "right clicker", thanks! Works great! Now I'll try again to figure out how to post photos. I've had absolutely zero luck using Photobucket due to its messy complexity, so I have to find another way. Any suggestions? I'd love to be able to get some more photos of my layout up here.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 09:12:09 PM by Loren Perry »

Mike Madonna

• Crew
  • Respect: +121
« Reply #92 on: August 21, 2012, 11:01:59 PM »
Wow, inspiring thread guys! Here's my contribution, an in progress Southern Pacific M6 mogul. This is based on the Model Power 2-6-0, with Bachmann tender trucks added for all wheel reliable electrical pickup.

I actually went through three of these to find this one, silky smooth runner. This is also the newest version with the traction tire on the rear set of drivers. The smokebox front is on temporarily, which is why there is a big gap at the bottom.

I'm working on adding sound, cramped quarters in the tender but will be doable. There is room for a 16mm speaker in the oil bunker, which will make a pretty good size baffle. Speaker will fire down into the body of the tender, with plenty of holes in the bottom to let the sound out. We'll see how it sounds, I'll be posting updates to the installation.

Rob

Rob... Wow! This is looking really good. Curious to know about the added details, like the typical SP blow down spreader. I've got one that could use some of these details, etc. Look forward to the updates!  :D
Mike
SOUTHERN PACIFIC Coast Division 1953
Santa Margarita Sub

LV LOU

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2012, 12:00:36 AM »
 Here's an old warhorse I built probably in the 70's,still running strong..A Lehigh Valley Camelback Pacific,LV was the only RR that had them.Rivarossi mechanism & tender...

LV LOU

• Crew
« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2012, 12:15:45 AM »
 Another oldie,I probably built it in the mid 80's,a PRR L1,Rivarossi chassis,longhaul tender made with the sides from a 40 foot trailer for the rivet detail.One of these days I'm gonna extend the sides down a little on the tender to give it a chunkier look,and shorten the drawbar a little..

mike_lawyer

• Crew
  • Respect: +163
« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2012, 09:35:52 AM »
That is one good lookin MT.... Expensive engine to weather!! :scared:

Here is a pic of the ATSF 3800 class 2-10-2 I have built.  The casting has since been re-worked with increased boilet diameter.  My delay is casting a brass 2-10-2 frame to accept kato mike parts.  I have added the driver to the front to allow the casting to properly fit the mech. 

Superturbine -

Let me know if you cast a brass 2-10-2 frame to accept Kato Mike parts.  I'd really be interested in that.

Mike

hunter_alexander

• Crew
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2012, 07:40:54 PM »
Superturbine, I sent you a pm.

PGE-N°2

• Crew
« Reply #97 on: August 22, 2012, 09:49:44 PM »
A couple of engines from the other side of the pond.

CP royal Hudson

Marc

That Royal Hudson has to be the best version in N scale I've ever seen. I imagine it would have to be seeing as it is brass.
Director of Operations of the Kettle River Railway

See photos of the original owner's layout here:
https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/about-face/sets/72157603977732928/

It sounded like a good idea at the time... too bad the caboose wasn't in on the plan.

superturbine

• Crew
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #98 on: August 22, 2012, 09:51:19 PM »
Of course,

I had a little delay on the frame.  I built a front driver added frame for the 3800 class ATSF 2-10-2.  The reason for me adding the driver at the front was to avoid pushing the motor forward in the boiler.  I was able to get a frame running but I was not real happy with it.  Sunday I finally broke down and built a rear drive box added frame and it worked like a charm!  Of course my boiler takes a lot of work to get to fit on the frame, but it looks good and runs good.  So, I will be building several more frames in the near future I will have the frame cast in brass to eliminate the difficulties in building 2-10-2 or 2-10-0's.  I will let you know when these are done.  Also, Loren Perry will be helping with rods along with other cast parts by me to eliminate having to use more than one kato mike to build one 2-10-2.......   day dream....a TTT, 4-10-2,  4-12-2 sure would be nice!!

superturbine

• Crew
« Reply #99 on: August 22, 2012, 09:53:16 PM »
That Royal Hudson has to be the best version in N scale I've ever seen. I imagine it would have to be seeing as it is brass.

--- Hand built, one off, Non-Korean, brass....... Right???  Very impressive!

superturbine

• Crew
« Reply #100 on: August 22, 2012, 10:20:39 PM »
It was a long time coming but here is our groups first ATSF 3800 class 2-10-2.  Cast Boiler, Kato Mikado Frame, Cast tender and B-man trucks.
Who said I was a fanatic UP only fan?  Note: This engine still need a lot of detail work

Of course an N scale UP engine is in the future.  ATSF Photo by Gordon Bliss..... as the engine pulls away!  :D

One of my favorite engines SP 4-10-2
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 10:44:25 PM by superturbine »

RWCJr

• Crew
« Reply #101 on: August 23, 2012, 07:54:49 AM »
Love that Santa Fe "santa fe"!!! Way to go Jason!

mike_lawyer

• Crew
  • Respect: +163
« Reply #102 on: August 23, 2012, 09:07:37 AM »
Superturbine and Loren -

The casting of the siderods to build a 2-10-0 or a 2-10-2 would be a real treat for kitbashers.  Kato is currently out of stock for additional siderods, so you basically have to harvest parts from other Mikados to get the siderods needed.

When you get the frames for a 2-10-2 completed, show us some pictures!  It should be really interesting.

Lemosteam

• Crew
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +3602
    • Designer at Keystone Details
« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2012, 05:10:42 PM »
Superturbine, great thread, been enjoying and I'm sorry I'm late to the party!  Here are mine (so far!):

PRR E6sa:

PRR K4s:

PRR B8a:

PRR H10sa:

PRR G5 (in process):

Video:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lemosteam/6657868405/

PRR L1s (in process):

Videos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lemosteam/6950796915/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lemosteam/6950855849/

superturbine

• Crew
« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2012, 06:15:25 PM »
Now that's what I am taking about!  Great contribution lemosteam!  And thanks to all, this thread has had the greatest wealth of steam pics vie ever seen!  Never too late let's keep it going!