Author Topic: Atlas C&O Style Caboose  (Read 5323 times)

asciibaron

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
    • Steve's Happy Fun Time IntarWebs
Re: Atlas C&O Style Caboose
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2008, 10:20:31 AM »
I'm drooling over that PC geep. :P

it's a former NYC Geep - no dynamics - no interest from me...

-Steve
Quote from: Chris333
How long will it be before they show us how to add DCC to a tree?

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +9069
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2008, 10:58:15 AM »
Yeah, cause the locomotives never strayed from their green team masters...

asciibaron

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
    • Steve's Happy Fun Time IntarWebs
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2008, 01:28:37 PM »
Yeah, cause the locomotives never strayed from their green team masters...

not on lines that required dynamics, like the lines i'm interested in, thus no interest from me.  plus it's post 1967 (you missed the easy one Ed).  8)

-Steve
Quote from: Chris333
How long will it be before they show us how to add DCC to a tree?

squirrelhunter

• Crew
  • Respect: +168
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2008, 12:25:40 AM »
MoPac modelers should be happy- the Magor cabs were distinctive and used up in to the 70's I believe.

You know, with the announcement of the I-GN boxcar and Magor caboose, one could do a pretty reasonable model of the I-GN mainline between San Antonio and Longview in the late 30's-early 50's era.

Matthew Roberts

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2008, 03:59:13 AM »
Hehe Squirrelhunter.

That's what I was going to do before I went freelance b/c of the lack of these babies...

squirrelhunter

• Crew
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2008, 06:45:32 PM »
Yeah, most of the steam era equipment is out there now. ;D

The most glaring hole in the steam roster is the lack of a 4-6-0, which handled the secondary passenger trains and some local freights on the line. But 2-8-2's, 4-6-2's, 2-8-0's and 0-8-0's are covered. You could probabaly kitbash the I-GN Berks with a Kato Mikado mech and LL Berk boiler.

Diesel wise, the F's, E's, GP-7' and SW-9's are covered. Only the BLW road switchers and BLW and ALCo switchers are missing.

Magor Cabeese, I-GN boxes from Atlas, IM makes gons and reefers used on the Texas lines, and I imagine cobbling together either the heavweught Sunshine Special or streamlined Eagle cars wouldn't be too hard.

You still sure you want to freelance? 

Matthew Roberts

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2008, 07:09:01 PM »
Well, I don't know, seeing as I already have some MoP stuff already (an FT set, a 2-8-0, ~10 AAR Boxcars (both IM and DeLuxe), three ART reefers, and some other stuff).... but freelancing would let me have some bigger power, along with being able to model closer to home (even though the I-GN passes within 30 mi of my house...)

It's a conundrum...  :P  :P

What's the earliest that Magor paint-scheme is accurate for?  ???

squirrelhunter

• Crew
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2008, 12:18:39 AM »
You could always proto lance. MP had 4-8-4's they used north of Texarkana- why coudln't I-GN have gotten 5 or rebuilt the 2-8-4's to 4-8-4's like MP proper did with their 2-8-4's? The line is hill and dale enough that you could probably justify a 2-10-4 or even maybe a 4-6-6-4. If I was modeling the Kingsville Division, I would use some modelers' license to have a few 4-8-2's.

As for the cabooses, I don't think MP started painting them in the bright red until the jenks blue era.