Author Topic: N scale locos sale  (Read 3504 times)

Nelson

N scale locos sale
« on: February 20, 2007, 09:51:02 AM »
Well I posted this over on Trainboard and it got deleted, so I hope it flies here.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it here, but I just noticed that M.B. Klein has a good sale going on Atlas Locomotives. Many are 50% off and some even a little better than that.

umtrr-author

Re: N scale locos sale
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 03:36:46 PM »
Not having looked at the sale, I wonder if this is part of the Bev-Bel dissolution that I've been told about? 

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +3228
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 04:23:25 PM »
Kleins regularly blows stuff out .. they are not only a dealer, but also a distributor

inkaneer

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 04:57:08 PM »
Not having looked at the sale, I wonder if this is part of the Bev-Bel dissolution that I've been told about? 

I picked up some of the Bev Bel  LifeLike F7's from BLW.  I know people have issues with them appearance wise and the mechanism is the old Lifelike plastic frame but they are what I consider to be a true Ntrak engines.  The Lifelike old style FA/B 2's being another.  That means you can plop them down hook up a gazillion cars and they will pull that train all day with no sweat.  Put MT's on the "A" end and Unimates on the "B" end.  Just don't park them next to a Kato F7 or else the differences become too obvious.  But hey, for all of $10.95US can one really complain?   These will become the nucleus of the trains my grandkids will get.

POVC

• Crew
  • Respect: +33
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 08:51:39 PM »
As John has already said, MB Klein reguarly sells off excess stock at clearance prices.  A couple of years back I got the pumpkin CSX MOW units for $39.95 each; I think the MSRP on these units was about $99.95 and Klein's original price was $59.95.

And I'd keep my eyes open, because the sales should be getting better over the next few months, because MB Klein's will be moving.  They sold their old place on Gay Street and will be moving sometime this summer; if I recall they have to be out of their building by the end of May (the note on the website says they will be announcing their new location on or about 01 March).  It will probably be cheaper for them to sell off their inventory at sale prices rather than to move it, so I'm saving my pennies for their big moving sale.   ;D

Tim Nixon

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +6410
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 10:14:55 AM »
I really want a RDG C-636, but I don't want another hit on the AMEX bill :-[

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +9104
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 11:33:13 AM »
Why can I NEVER get to their site? That's really weird. I should mention it to them.

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +3228
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 01:11:31 PM »
Their new webmaster probably has your IP blocked ... :'(

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +158
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 01:25:57 PM »
  As a closet New England modeler I purchased two in Boston & Maine maroon with gold stripes. sure I know the nose shape is not very good and I could have ordered MT or IM FT's or IM F-3's , but my larger priorites were Western Roads so now I have locos to pull my Kadee B&M wood caboose from 20 years ago if you don't coumt the Life Like BL2's purchased several years ago .                                                     Nate Goodman (Nato). Salt Lake, Utah .

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +9104
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 02:11:33 PM »
Finally got in, and look at this!

A blog!

http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/mtsblog.html

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +6410
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 02:17:13 PM »
Any speculation on the new location?
What are the odds that it will be in Downtown Cambridge, within walking distance of my house?

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +598
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 12:53:17 PM »
I'm hoping it's not too close to me. That's a pretty good bet, as Towson/Timonium seems to be the target area (Pikesville?)