Author Topic: HandCab WiFi Throttle Build...........  (Read 2267 times)

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +5164
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: HandCab WiFi Throttle Build...........
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2024, 05:53:22 PM »
@peteski, @Ed Kapuscinski

I second my first motion for this to be a "Best Of" thread.

Whether the throttle is workign or not, that to me seems irrelevant (it'll work, I'm pretty sure). Even just the excellent documentation of the building process is worth it being nominated as the Best Of.

I don't have full moderator provides, but I hope one of the full-fledged mods will make it so.
. . . 42 . . .

GaryHinshaw

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +1856
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2024, 03:42:58 AM »
I agree this is very worthy of a Best Of, but it requires an admin (Tom or John) to confer it.  Mods or not able to.

Sumner

• Crew
  • Respect: +654
    • My Home Pages....
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2024, 09:10:49 AM »
+1
An intro to how the HandCab works.  Click on the image above or ( HERE ).

Hopefully in action soon with a loco on the tracks.

Sumner
Working in N Scale ---Modeling UP from late 40's to early 70's very loosely......

Under$8.00 Servo turnout Control --- 3D Printed Model RR Objects -- My Home Page

http://1fatgmc.com/RailRoad/RR Main/Link Page Menu.html

Sumner

• Crew
  • Respect: +654
    • My Home Pages....
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2024, 12:11:13 PM »

Update:  Peter and I have been working on the software together, I'm the coder that presents him with a basic not well written piece of code to start with and he is the polisher and smart enough in that he can getting it all working with his WiTcontroller code.  We spent about 4 hours working together testing on my end and programming on his end with me in the states and him in Australia yesterday.  Hard to find a time where it works for us and one of us shouldn't be sleeping.

The result is the code is in the HandCab and working really well, as good or better than I'd hoped for.  Fun to operate and a totally different feel than using an encoder or pot.  Couple small fixes....reverse is fwd and fwd is reverse (should be a simple fix) and one braking delay needs fixing and that is about it.  The 3 stages of delay/momentum (user defined) work really well both accelerating and braking.

I'll try and get a video up in a day or so with it in operation,

Sumner
« Last Edit: May 31, 2024, 04:51:23 PM by Sumner »
Working in N Scale ---Modeling UP from late 40's to early 70's very loosely......

Under$8.00 Servo turnout Control --- 3D Printed Model RR Objects -- My Home Page

http://1fatgmc.com/RailRoad/RR Main/Link Page Menu.html