Author Topic: a little fun with moviemaker on the layout  (Read 1888 times)

hunter_alexander

• Crew
  • Respect: +6
Re: a little fun with moviemaker on the layout
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2013, 11:44:12 PM »
Ok I'll say it, the close coupling on the locos and passenger cars is great. Music? Love big band. Great vid all the way around.

randgust

• Crew
  • Respect: +2209
    • Randgust N Scale Kits
Re: a little fun with moviemaker on the layout
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2013, 09:48:48 AM »
Bruce, we're only separated by mileposts, not divisions, so I've spent an inordinate amount of time researching esoterica like the LH running issues around Winslow in both directions and what years they changed over.  One of the things I like to do in operating sessions just to muck things up is bring everything into Winslow from the east LH running and change it over to RH through the crossovers, as in '72 that appears to be the standard practice as the break from bidirectional CTC to LH running Rule 251.

Another 'odd practice' that I wonder about on the ATSF in that region was the placement of passenger stations on the north (RH) track as a fairly consistent practice so that means that westbounds would either get routed over to the north main in bidirectional CTC country, or hold any traffic on the opposite main if the passengers had to cross over a live main...  Things you never think about in modeling but it had to have issues operationally.