Author Topic: New Bachmann 4-6-0 (19th century version) info?  (Read 326 times)

ATSF_Ron

• Crew
  • Respect: +196
New Bachmann 4-6-0 (19th century version) info?
« on: October 24, 2024, 08:42:03 PM »
+1
Does anyone have updated info on this new 19th century loco coming from Bachmann?  Trainworld is the only online vendor where I see this listed for preorder.

https://www.trainworld.com/bachmann-51470-n-19th-century-4-6-0-w-wood-tender-central-pacific-57-bison-sound-and-dcc.html

Looks like delivery is end of 2024. But...an online vendor I've used frequently said his distributor told him it's already released and sold out.  This doesn't make sense to me as Bachmann's own catalog says it's a new release.  I'd like to have at least one of these in Central Pacific (SP predecessor) as I'm primarily an SP/ATSF modeler and primarily transition era, although I've been known to bend my era when the mood strikes, lol!    Anyone know what gives with this loco?  I haven't seen any newer info on the Bachmann Forum.

Thanks,

ATSF_Ron

Pencil

• Respect: +1
Re: New Bachmann 4-6-0 (19th century version) info?
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 11:47:57 AM »
I've also been watching for this locomotive, but haven't seen anything since the flurry of announcements.  I haven't seen the updated passenger cars, either.  I'm hoping they reduce the ride height of those cars, but looking at the new freight cars, I'm not so optimistic.

Curtis

Englewood

• Crew
  • Respect: +287
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 01:23:33 PM »
I haven't seen it anywhere listed for sale yet, and I check 3-4 online stores on a daily basis. I'd like to add a CP version to the roundhouse.

ATSF_Ron

• Crew
  • Respect: +196
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 10:04:18 PM »
Thanks guys. I’ll probably call Trainworld Monday and see what they know. They’re the only place I’ve seen list it for preorder.