Author Topic: If you can only buy one steamer with sound, which one?  (Read 1175 times)

MK

• Crew
  • Respect: +733
Re: If you can only buy one steamer with sound, which one?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2024, 01:53:38 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions folks.  Looks like BLI Mike should be on the top of my list, followed by BLI T1 if I want "bigger".

I still have to check minimum radius for both.  My layout at home is tiny (though I will run it at shows too - T-Trak).  :)

robert3985

• Crew
  • Respect: +1289
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2024, 02:07:51 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions folks.  Looks like BLI Mike should be on the top of my list, followed by BLI T1 if I want "bigger".

I still have to check minimum radius for both.  My layout at home is tiny (though I will run it at shows too - T-Trak).  :)

Minimum radius for the BLI Mikes and T1 4-8-4's is 9.75".

Cheerio!
Bob Gilmore

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +5716
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2024, 02:27:29 PM »
Following with a modicum of interest.
In the meantime, I'll be claiming first dibs to all of your running time on the Altoona DC loop! :trollface:

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

MK

• Crew
  • Respect: +733
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2024, 03:00:28 PM »
Thanks Bob for the info.  Saves me some looking up!

Following with a modicum of interest.
In the meantime, I'll be claiming first dibs to all of your running time on the Altoona DC loop! :trollface:

Lee

But Lee, the steamer will be DCC/Paragon4 so that you can have more time on the DC loop in Altoona!   :D :trollface:  But I do have a new Tomix Shinkansen set that I purchased when I was in Japan that is DC only and it's 6 cars long.  So net net maybe you have less time on the DC loop.   :P :D

bbunge

• Crew
  • Respect: +282
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2024, 03:59:05 PM »
Well, it _is_ smaller (perhaps by 1.5 inches :-) than a Big Boy, but Bachmann EM-1 (2-8-8-4) are excellent machines.  They pull well, track well, have great contract and sound excellent even if the supplied decoder is limited. 

Bob