Author Topic: Any idea what I could use to model this 2-6-2?  (Read 6394 times)

craigolio1

• Crew
  • Respect: +1730
Re: Any idea what I could use to model this 2-6-2?
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2023, 10:09:50 PM »
Forgive me if this this is a repeat of information that others may have posted, but I believe the prototype started out life as Cathels and Sorenson 1, built in 1923 by MLW. Seems to me it was a static display in Ladysmith for some years, before being moved to Fort Steele. If memory serves me I think one of the magazines (Model Railroader?) published drawings. I don’t have an index but if someone does and can search “Cathels and Sorensen” and finds the issue, I likely have the issue in my stash. Problem is my stash goes back to the early 60’s so finding stuff is a little challenging. You’re welcome to it if I can find and you want it of course.

You would be correct sir. I’m not sure it was the same one in Ladysmith but it was the C&S I believe. I have the drawings. But thank you very much for offering.

Craig

craigolio1

• Crew
  • Respect: +1730
Re: Any idea what I could use to model this 2-6-2?
« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2023, 06:55:59 PM »
So pulled the front truck from the Bachmann 2-6-2 today. Its tread is 23” in N scale. The flange is 31”. The prototype is 28”. It seems a good place to start so I went ahead and mocked it up under the BR80 chassis the plastic bottom plate removed. There’s room for it under there. Same with the rear. It looks like with some pretty simple modifications I can make them fit.

Craig