Author Topic: New Keystone Details Minitrix Decapod conversion kit to PRR I1sa  (Read 571 times)

Lemosteam

• Crew
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +3559
    • Designer at Keystone Details
+3
Well, it’s official. Based on all of the work that @randgust and I did, the Minitrix Decapod to I1sa conversion kit is now available. Like its K4 Kit cousin, it has a brand new replacement pilot, but that is where the similarity stops. This kit contains EVERYTHING you need to make the conversion, sand dome, smoke stack, a choice of Worthington heaters, heater water pipe, power reverser, headlight and bracket, stem generator, water scoop, marker lights, safety valves, dummy pilot coupler. The only thing missing is your Trix Decapod. Visit keystone Details to purchase at the link below.

http://www.keystonedetails.com/products/n-scale-details/2023/8/8/n-scale-prr-i1-air-tanks-amp-step-platform-seykc

cgw

• Crew
  • Respect: +31
Re: New Keystone Details Minitrix Decapod conversion kit to PRR I1sa
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2023, 07:46:58 PM »
your Shapeways link on your web site points to only pilot kit and not to the conversion kits.  Is the link off?

Lemosteam

• Crew
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2023, 08:53:47 PM »
your Shapeways link on your web site points to only pilot kit and not to the conversion kits.  Is the link off?

@cgw Old image thanks!

Lemosteam

• Crew
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2023, 05:05:21 PM »
+2
Here is what can be done with all of the parts in the kit. The builder must shorten the front chassis, shorten the boiler, make a brake and walkway, make a new drawbar section (unless the cab is shortened).  All of the white pieces are in the kit. Images are an early test build, where the pilot truck frame is missing and the pilot beam was too high for coupling.

EdKap2

• Crew
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2023, 10:22:26 AM »
WOW!
Sooo much better than the Andkon resin boiler replacement of the mid 80's!  Especially the pilot replacement.

Lemosteam

• Crew
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2023, 11:37:53 AM »
WOW!
Sooo much better than the Andkon resin boiler replacement of the mid 80's!  Especially the pilot replacement.

Thanks, maybe later I will offer a long distance tender too.