Author Topic: Keystone Details offers an kit to create PRR K4s 1188 for the Minitrix K4  (Read 1044 times)

Lemosteam

• Crew
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +3611
    • Designer at Keystone Details
After a long wait and may trial parts the Skyline boiler upper fairing for the the Minitrix K4 is finally complete and ready for purchase.  This kit along with the other suggested kits makes a great kitbash of the PRR K4s #1188, unique engine that did not receive the full Skyline streamlining. The kit comes with a unique front light that fits into the original square hole in the boiler shell front with some minor mods to the casting and a hole to route the LED wires into the shell.

The kit can be purchased here

Image owned by Thomas C. Ayers from rrpicturearechive.net

OldEastRR

• Crew
  • Respect: +304
I assume the mod was just to make the loco look modern, and had zero aerodynamic advantages.

Lemosteam

• Crew
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +3611
    • Designer at Keystone Details
I assume the mod was just to make the loco look modern, and had zero aerodynamic advantages.

@OldEastRR , If I am not mistaken, it happened near the end of the streamlining craze, and was one of a kind.

According to Wikipedia:

"No. 1188
K4s #1188 was given a boiler-top streamlined "skyline" casing, but no other streamlining, and was nicknamed "The Skyline". The bell was preserved as well."