Author Topic: Chihuahua al Pacifico boxcar in N scale  (Read 1118 times)

nkalanaga

• Crew
  • Respect: +1410
Chihuahua al Pacifico boxcar in N scale
« on: August 24, 2015, 01:03:28 AM »
Has any company made a CH-P boxcar, preferably 1960s or earlier?

If not, does anyone make decals for such a car?

NdeM cars have been made. and Microscale makes decals for an FCP boxcar, but I haven't found anything for the CH-P.
N Kalanaga
Be well

JMaurer1

• Crew
  • Respect: +306
Re: Chihuahua al Pacifico boxcar in N scale
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 12:33:11 PM »
A quick search shows that there hasn't been any made (found a similar request from a different board with a no answer as well)...sorry. Of course, if you have some photos and do some research about the prototype then send it to MT, they do occasionally do requests. I've been successful at getting several NWP boxcars done and more recently the Hercules Powder cars done by them. 
Sacramento Valley NRail and NTrak
We're always looking for new members

tom mann

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
  • Respect: +998
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 08:41:01 PM »
Atlas is releasing the H16-44 in the CHP scheme:

http://www.atlasrr.com/NLoco/n151644a.htm

You would think that the 1000s of modelers of this line would demand some rolling stock!

jagged ben

• Crew
  • Respect: +496
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 09:31:53 PM »
Atlas is releasing the H16-44 in the CHP scheme:

http://www.atlasrr.com/NLoco/n151644a.htm

You would think that the 1000s of modelers of this line would demand some rolling stock!

I don't know how facetious you were being but there really ought to be 1000s of guys modeling this line.  I've ridden it and what it has to offer is as fine as that of any US railroad.  I'd seriously consider dropping my other modeling interests if there was a serious amount of product available.  Don't have time for that much custom modeling these days, though.

nkalanaga

• Crew
  • Respect: +1410
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 01:39:05 AM »
JMaurer1:  I doubt that it would be popular enough for MT, if no one else has ever done one, or made decals for one.  The scheme is actually very simple, and the same color as the Atlas FM, but I don't fell like spelling the name out with alphabet decals...  Lazy, I know, but there are other cars I need more that the time could be spent on. 

On the other hand, if Atlas is making the loco, they might make a boxcar to go with it.  The cars I've found pictures of are AAR standard cars, so Intermountain would be the logical source, but given their (non)deliveries lately I won't hold my breath.
N Kalanaga
Be well