Author Topic: For the Canadian modelers  (Read 998 times)

unittrain

• Crew
  • Respect: +147
For the Canadian modelers
« on: December 17, 2013, 01:59:04 PM »
Just figured I would pass this along http://www.bowser-trains.com/new/gmdsd.html I guess bowser is doing a Canadian SD40-2 NO doubt HO  :facepalm: but it has some proto info I didn't know they had a Canadian GMD SD40-2.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 02:03:58 PM by unittrain »

Puddington

• Crew
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +245
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
Re: For the Canadian modelers
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 02:10:11 PM »
Just figured I would pass this along http://www.bowser-trains.com/new/gmdsd.html I guess bowser is doing a Canadian SD40-2 NO doubt HO  :facepalm: but it has some proto info I didn't know they had a Canadian GMD SD40-2.

Yes; the London, Ontario GMD factory (moment of silence for the departed please... thank you) made the CP, CN and BCR units and they had subtle differences. Pity Bowser doesn't play in our sandbox; many would be over the moon with a Canadian SD40-2 in N scale....
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

Scottl

• Crew
  • Respect: +1398
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 02:48:34 PM »
Good news, to be sure.  All I will say is once the CAD work is done, making a different scale is not too bad.  I wish they would consider collaborating or selling these to an n-scale manufacturer willing to do it.  Spreading costs like that would be a good way to do business in my view.

Wardie

• Crew
  • Respect: +34
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 05:08:38 PM »
Bowser has done some nice Alco units as well.