Author Topic: CR Treasure Trove  (Read 856 times)

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +6398
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
CR Treasure Trove
« on: August 17, 2009, 09:12:57 AM »
If anyone is in the area of Shenandoah Jct. WV, as of Sunday 8-16 there were about 20 Conrail H-54 Covered hoppers in original paint sitting on the storage tracks.  I got a few sample pictures, I'll try to get them posted tonight.  Some were in Quality, but most were straight up.  These are the light gray cars with black markings.

Not sure if they're in seasonal storage, or if they're stored due to the downturn, or if they were on a live interchange track getting ready to move.  I thought it was unusual that there would be so many in one place.

Anyway, if you can get there, there they are!

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

asciibaron

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
    • Steve's Happy Fun Time IntarWebs
Re: CR Treasure Trove
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 10:02:41 AM »
If anyone is in the area of Shenandoah Jct. WV, as of Sunday 8-16 there were about 20 Conrail H-54 Covered hoppers in original paint sitting on the storage tracks.  I got a few sample pictures, I'll try to get them posted tonight.  Some were in Quality, but most were straight up.  These are the light gray cars with black markings.

Not sure if they're in seasonal storage, or if they're stored due to the downturn, or if they were on a live interchange track getting ready to move.  I thought it was unusual that there would be so many in one place.

i'm sure Dave Davies has pictures of every car.   ;D
Quote from: Chris333
How long will it be before they show us how to add DCC to a tree?