Author Topic: ESU LokSound V5 Nano #58923 Question  (Read 363 times)

BCR 570

• Crew
  • Respect: +3692
    • BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
ESU LokSound V5 Nano #58923 Question
« on: August 08, 2023, 12:10:13 AM »
I am writing with a request for assistance on behalf of a friend doing some installations for myself and another friend.

The LokSound V5 Nano #58923 consists of two boards one on top of the other.  On the top board, either side of the wires there is a gold soldering point labelled GND for GROUND (total of two).

We are wanting to use one of these for a ground return for the capacitance.  Does it matter which one we use or can either be used?

Any help appreciated,

Tim
T. Horton
North Vancouver, B.C.
BCR Dawson Creek Subdivision in N Scale
www.bcrdawsonsub.ca
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3MbxkZkx7zApSYCHqu2IYQ

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +5202
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: ESU LokSound V5 Nano #58923 Question
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2023, 09:56:15 AM »
I am writing with a request for assistance on behalf of a friend doing some installations for myself and another friend.

The LokSound V5 Nano #58923 consists of two boards one on top of the other.  On the top board, either side of the wires there is a gold soldering point labelled GND for GROUND (total of two).

We are wanting to use one of these for a ground return for the capacitance.  Does it matter which one we use or can either be used?

Any help appreciated,

Tim

GND is GND - ground or common terminal.
Either one will work as they are electrically connected.  To verify, take an ohmmeter or continuity tester and check if there is connection between them.  Those pads are there for things like a negative connection for capacitor or any keep-alive module (like  ESU's Power Pack).
. . . 42 . . .