Author Topic: Centralia & Rapido passenger car prototypes  (Read 2463 times)

nkalanaga

• Crew
  • Respect: +1409
Re: Centralia & Rapido passenger car prototypes
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2015, 02:11:30 AM »
Wolf:  No wonder they looked familiar...
N Kalanaga
Be well

Puddington

• Crew
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +245
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2015, 04:02:08 PM »
I think something happened with the BN executive cars. Looks as if when doing the paint, they did the green before the cream.

It's a long story..... :facepalm:

The original colours specified way back when we did the first run in HO were sent by the BN History gang - they were "off" (we never found out why) and we made them worse.... some people complained......

The second run of the BN exec in HO the colours were changed - we thought they matched the samples, some people complained... some people said they were great.... now we were confused.....

The N scale run we specified the colours from the second run... they used one colour from run one and one from run two (please don't ask for the logic.... we can't see it either) and there was some drift off the colour standards..... some people complained.... some people thought we hit it bang on..... I have written evidence of both.... we are still confused......

Seriously, we're not 100% happy with the colour on any BN exec products we've done - the colour looks a lot different under natural or colour matching light... try it (not that that helps on your pike mind you..... :oops:)

We should just make black cars....... :trollface:
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

Ike the BN Freak

• Crew
  • Respect: +90
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2015, 04:00:48 PM »
Under natural sunlight the cream looks better, but I'm not building a layout outside in Vegas...

But looking at it, it does seem as if the cream got shot second...unless they can paint both at the same time.