Author Topic: Weekend Update 5/31/15  (Read 6692 times)

MVW

• Crew
  • Respect: +359
Re: Weekend Update 5/31/15
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2015, 10:44:08 PM »

The rest of it is just a collection of accidents: the wood fence, loading dock, tall smoke stack, figures,
 stuff in the yard, and crates are all scrap box parts or other kits.

That's funny. My accidents tend to look more like, uh, accidents.

Nicely done as always, Max.

Jim

Ike the BN Freak

• Crew
  • Respect: +90
Re: Weekend Update 2015/5/31
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2015, 10:56:48 PM »
First in the Garage is my Buddy's IS300, that we are in the middle of a 2JZ-GTE Twin-Turbo'd Aristro swap right now. Over half way done right now.

No single turbo swap?

On of these days I'll save up and get a turbo on my .:R32...

delamaize

• Crew
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +523
Re: Weekend Update 2015/5/31
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2015, 03:21:55 AM »
Ok, Room update, I found my tape measure! :D The new Train room is 9'X12'
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
I'm thinking I want to do a small, Around the room layout on 2 of the walls, Something in the area in green, or something mirrored vertically from that. so the "long end" would fit beside the door, instead of in front of the window. I don't want to come more than 24 inches from the wall, More on the ends to keep the corners from being too sharp. I'm looking to build something that doesn't have grades (for the time being), that is a complete circuit, for roundy-round time, and some switching, but not to spaghetti bowl looking. Single track with a passing siding. A yard/staging isn't really necessary for now, considering most of the time, I set up a few trains that I want to run, and just go. I have a track plan on my computer at work, that I though about modifying to fit the room. I'll try to post it up tomorrow.

No single turbo swap?

On of these days I'll save up and get a turbo on my .:R32...

Big Single turbo is in the future for the IS300, for now, we are just trying to get it to be a runner/driver.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 04:31:04 AM by delamaize »
Mike

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

mmagliaro

• Crew
  • Respect: +1858
    • Maxcow Online
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2015, 11:39:21 AM »
Mike,
This old Atlas forum thread may be of help to you.   

http://forum.atlasrr.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=66051

It's from 2011 when forum folks commented and suggested ideas for my track plan (at my request!)

My layout room is exactly
the same size as yours, and I had similar constraints, although mine were actually a little worse because my closets were along the other wall, which made it harder to get a
U-shaped benchwork in there.

You may find something useful in there.  Many of our forum friends posted track plans
in there to fit that space, and the requirements you seem to have are very similar to mine.

delamaize

• Crew
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +523
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2015, 05:39:53 PM »
Awesome! thanks,
 I'll take a look at it!

Mike,
This old Atlas forum thread may be of help to you.   

http://forum.atlasrr.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=66051

It's from 2011 when forum folks commented and suggested ideas for my track plan (at my request!)

My layout room is exactly
the same size as yours, and I had similar constraints, although mine were actually a little worse because my closets were along the other wall, which made it harder to get a
U-shaped benchwork in there.

You may find something useful in there.  Many of our forum friends posted track plans
in there to fit that space, and the requirements you seem to have are very similar to mine.

EDIT: Ok, so I am at work, and I have a breif, free moment, so I am posing the track plan I have on this computer. It would need to be modified, because my room I am using is not 12x12....
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 08:51:56 PM by delamaize »
Mike

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)