Author Topic: Atlas N Signal System  (Read 1589 times)

pilpro

• Respect: +2
Atlas N Signal System
« on: March 03, 2021, 01:39:03 AM »
Hi Folks.  Anyone ever try the Atlas Signal System?  They have a variety of G types with what looks like a proprietary controller?

https://shop.atlasrr.com/c-518-signals.aspx

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

greenwizard88

• Crew
  • Respect: +63
Re: Atlas N Signal System
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 10:19:23 PM »
The connector is a 1.25mm 4 pin JST connector.  You can find them on ebay and the like. I have a thread in the. DCC/Electronics board where I have a link to the exact part I'm using. I have a single 2 head signal that I plan on hooking up, just as soon as the electronics get to my door. USPS is currently predicting Monday.

pilpro

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 11:00:00 PM »
Fantastic Drew.  Let us know how they look when you get it hooked up.

-Paul

w neal

• Crew
  • Respect: +483
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 12:01:43 AM »
+1
Yes. I have several of their signals set up in a bidirectional sequence on my layout for a few years now. They look and operate fantastically. I am using both the single and double - headed signals. Just for the fun of it , I used one of the bidirectional signals as well. Its an excellent "plug and play" system. Their system is quite easy to install. My only exception is that I am not using Atlas' detection/sensing boards. I am using NCE's detection boards with great success. I highly recommend their signal system. So glad they continue to keep producing it. I sure hope they will come out with additional signal types. Thats really the only down side.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 12:09:02 AM by w neal »
Buffering...

pilpro

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 06:20:33 PM »
Yes. I have several of their signals set up in a bidirectional sequence on my layout for a few years now. They look and operate fantastically. I am using both the single and double - headed signals. Just for the fun of it , I used one of the bidirectional signals as well. Its an excellent "plug and play" system. Their system is quite easy to install. My only exception is that I am not using Atlas' detection/sensing boards. I am using NCE's detection boards with great success. I highly recommend their signal system. So glad they continue to keep producing it. I sure hope they will come out with additional signal types. Thats really the only down side.

Thanks for sharing. That’s exactly what I was hoping to hear about these signals.

Paul

greenwizard88

• Crew
  • Respect: +63
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2021, 10:36:16 PM »
I got mine setup yesterday.

My initial impressions are thus...

1) The signal itself is great. The LEDs are bright but not too bright. There's a bit of a glow if you look too closely, but from a few feet away they look perfect.
2) Trying to program the software that controls the signal is painful. Granted it's self inflicted because I'm using LCC, but still...
3) There's a massive difference between the 5 for $15 signals off eBay and $25/per from Atlas. I prefer Atlas ones, but my wallet prefers the cheap ones.

I used some of the 1.25mm JST connectors so that I can easily unplug the signal, and it made setting it up a snap. Relatively speaking.

w neal

• Crew
  • Respect: +483
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2021, 05:09:22 PM »
Thanks for sharing. That’s exactly what I was hoping to hear about these signals.

Paul

You bet, they work great right out of the box. Mind you, as I said, I'm using the NCE detection boards. Otherwise its all Atlas components. They work great. BIG cudos to Atlas. Its the only all - inclusive "plug & play" system out there. Easy to use.
Buffering...