Author Topic: A Phoenix Has Risen From The Ashes - Manuevo Takes Over Shapeways Assets  (Read 3796 times)

pmpexpress

• Crew
  • Respect: +138
    • Trains N Scale
Reported by 3PRINTR.com on August 6, 2024, Manuevo takes over Shapeways assets: New start for 3D printing service provider in Eindhoven.

"The Dutch site of the insolvent 3D printing service provider Shapeways is experiencing a rebirth.

Under the name Manuevo, former employees and two co-founders have acquired the assets from the insolvency estate and are planning to restart operations in Eindhoven."

jagged ben

• Crew
  • Respect: +500
+1
Does this mean anything for the US?

kiwi_al

• Crew
  • Respect: +406
+1
They might have taken over the assets but there is no market place, so it's send them your 3D design and they'll print it. It remains to be seen if they will re-establish the market place over time, It's a start.

https://manuevo.com/

pmpexpress

• Crew
  • Respect: +138
    • Trains N Scale
+1
Does this mean anything for the US?

According to the July 29, 2024 Press Release:

"Manuevo operates from www.manuevo.com as the brand name and the use of www.shapeways.com are still tied up in the American bankruptcy.

Manuevo will mainly focus on B2B customers who need small and medium series of 3D-printed and finished products.
"

Erik aka Ngineer

• Crew
  • Respect: +37
    • My Shapeways models
Re: A Phoenix Has Risen From The Ashes - Manuevo Takes Over Shapeways Assets
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2024, 08:41:32 AM »
Manuevo helped me recover my Shapeways files when the Shapeways servers were still running and helped me set up my own webshop that basically prints the models like Shapeways did. Unfortunately the Shapeways servers have now completely shut down, likely because the bills weren't getting paid.
I had a tour of their factory and it's pretty cool. They're still looking into rebuilding the marketplace, or acquiring Shapeways' back end software. But both options are far from reality at this moment.

randgust

• Crew
  • Respect: +2236
    • Randgust N Scale Kits
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2024, 10:32:16 AM »
That marketplace was absolutely the worst.   It was astounding how bad the search engine was.    If you could find something, getting it wasn't bad, and the notifications system wasn't bad, but if you were a designer, you had better set up your own front end and then links to specific Shapeways items, as you were never going to find it any other way.

Erik aka Ngineer

• Crew
  • Respect: +37
    • My Shapeways models
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2024, 01:52:59 PM »
+1
yeah, they hadn't done anything to the marketplace since at least 2018 or much earlier. But that was already a sign of the delusions of grandeur their Manhattan headquarters had. It was the beginning of the end unfortunately.