Author Topic: Goodyear Synthetic Latex Tankers  (Read 3113 times)

SAH

• Crew
  • Respect: +1488
Re: Goodyear Synthetic Latex Tankers
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2023, 05:57:36 PM »
+9
Phase 1 of the Goodyear latex tanker odyssey is complete.  Here's the family portrait.  Can you pick out the car with metal wheels?   ;)

Armed with what I learned about my etching design for the SHPX cars I've a number of ideas to make the UTLX build go quicker.  We will see.

I also tried a different weathering technique for these tankers.  I get uneven results when weathering tank cars, the top of tank rust effect being the most problematic.  Two samples shown below.  Your impressions?

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +2391
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2023, 07:29:45 PM »
+1
Phase 1 of the Goodyear latex tanker odyssey is complete.  Here's the family portrait.  Can you pick out the car with metal wheels?   ;)

Absolutely. Jumped out at me immediately. Second one from the left. (Sorry, Steve!  :) )
...mike

http://www.gibboncozadandwestern.com

Note: Images linked in my postings are on an HTTP server, not HTTPS. Enable "mixed content" in your browser to view.

There are over 1000 images on this server. Not changing anytime soon.

SAH

• Crew
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2023, 08:43:08 PM »
I expected nothing less.   :)

garethashenden

• Crew
  • Respect: +1315
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2023, 05:04:08 PM »
Would you consider selling kits?

SAH

• Crew
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2023, 10:04:17 AM »
Thanks for your interest but I'm afraid not, for three reasons.

1) The components of the master are not my work.  Bachmann tank and (heavily modified) frame, and MicroTrains expansion dome.
2) I'm not sure what kind of hell I'd be inviting from Goodyear in the realm of trademark law should I sell the decals as part of the kit.  I drew the decal artwork but. . . .
3) I'm not sure I could write good enough assembly instructions to allow someone else to build the darn thing.  Even after doing six of them some of the step procedures are pretty squishy.

Steve