Author Topic: Railsmith announces dining cars hopefully for June.  (Read 700 times)

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +158
Railsmith announces dining cars hopefully for June.
« on: April 28, 2022, 09:47:07 PM »
+1
    Among the announcements from Lowell Smith was an illustration in color of the interior of an SP diner, you can tell by the porthole window on the vestibule door at the distant car end. Two types  of smooth side and one fluted side car, coming in June. Lets hope so. Yay! Much need in his lineup. Nate Goodman (Nato). Salt Lake, Utah.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 10:07:07 AM by GaryHinshaw »

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +350
Re: Railsmith announces dining cars hopefully for June.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2022, 10:26:20 PM »
I need at least 5-6 based on prior purchases. Two smooth side and one fluted side. If I recall correctly the announcement is in June for a 2023 delivery.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

nkalanaga

• Crew
  • Respect: +1428
Re: Railsmith announces dining cars hopefully for June.
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2022, 02:03:01 AM »
I'd like to know what the other two will be.  Any good model of a dining car will be appreciated in N scale, but there are very few that I need.  Basically, what ran in the early Amtrak Empire Builder and North Coast Hiawatha.

I'd love to have a model of the SP&S Columbia.  It ran occasionally in the Empire Builder, often enough that I have several pictures of it.  Since he's doing SP&S cars, this would be a nice addition.

The usual EB dining cars were ex-GN, in various GN and BN schemes.

Ex-NP cars were less common, but more often seen than the Columbia.  I suspect that they ended up on the North Coast Hiawatha, which went through Wenatchee rather than Pasco.

I already have Kato UP, CB&Q and ATSF prototype diners, any of which could have been seen.  I personally saw UP 4803 and CB&Q's Silver Diner.  I never saw an ATSF diner, but did see their coaches and sleepers a few times.
N Kalanaga
Be well