Author Topic: European detail manufacturers show great promise  (Read 3906 times)

sirenwerks

• Crew
  • Respect: +351
European detail manufacturers show great promise
« on: October 30, 2007, 05:31:43 PM »
I posted this on the Alist but think it might do more good here... The posting about the Ndetail, a German company, container crane had me thinking about some of the other European companies I'd run across that are making etched details, etc. that have applications across the pond. So I just thought I'd throw out the handful of sites I had found that offer some interesting and needed products. It would be nice if someone picked up some of these lines stateside (Shane, are you listening?)

http://www.haw.pl/ - some nice etched details, such as walkways that have industrial, trackside, and town detailing applications. Check out the outhouse, complete with seat, and the floor cart - a Home Depot style panel cart.

http://www.ndetail.de/index.html - More of the same listed above, including some nice fencing and plants. And those beautiful container cranes and material handler.

http://www.luetke-modellbahn.de/shop/index.php?cPath=92&osCsid=a6db16e5fcaadc3a5647f66e86f50d2a - More details and some buildings that, oddly, may fit well in California.

And, while not a European company, I ran across this US manufacturer which has some nice laser cut structures available in N or planned -
http://www.bantamodelworks.com/Nkitlist.htm

This also provided by Roland (engineshop) - http://www.mowebe.com/ - which has some neat details like city tree grates, an alternate-design portapot, a bicycle rack, street details like grates and metal hatches, and truck windshield wipers.
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

SquirrelHollow

• Crew
  • Grease Monkey
  • Respect: 0
Re: European detail manufacturers show great promise
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 06:08:53 PM »
Many of those frets appear to be very high quality. 

Most of them seem nicelly priced, as well.  Now to find a translator to figure out shipping....
-Robert

Uintah Railway, Utah Railway.

TiVoPrince

• Crew
  • Respect: +3
    • http://www.technologywrangler.com
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 07:54:54 PM »
http://www.luetke-modellbahn.de/shop/index.php?cPath=92&osCsid=a6db16e5fcaadc3a5647f66e86f50d2a - More details and some buildings that, oddly, may fit well in California.

Freight shed
and apartment building go on my list.  Shed will become a background packing house.  Not certain when I will need them but they have a place when the time comes...
Support fine modeling

ñiao

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 11:58:13 PM »

Most of them seem nicelly priced, as well.  Now to find a translator to figure out shipping....
I am German. What's need to be translated?

SquirrelHollow

• Crew
  • Grease Monkey
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 06:31:03 PM »

I am German. What's need to be translated?

Thanks for the offer, but it was just a bad joke.  ;)
-Robert

Uintah Railway, Utah Railway.

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +7024
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 07:49:13 PM »
In the past I have ordered from two of the sites (Hugwa & wiygN and luetke modellbahn). Very fine goods and service to match for both.

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +535
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 01:03:54 PM »

Freight shed
and apartment building go on my list.  Shed will become a background packing house.  Not certain when I will need them but they have a place when the time comes...

Wow, cool stuff there. Grandstands for little league, etc. Tents! 15 story office building. Nice!

ndetail

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 06:56:10 AM »
Hi Folks

Found you discussion on our referrer log, I am glad that you are interested in our products. I am the Ndetail salesperson and I can make you some special offer.

As you do not have to pay European tax (obviously), you get 19% off the retail price anyway. To encourage you to try us out, here is a special offer: You get the Dollar eqal Euro price for limited time! That means, for US customers all prices in our shop are Dollar prices! This special offer ends Dec. 31. 2007.
Reachstacker and Forklift will be available mid to end of November.

Shipping costs are 8 Euro, as we can send in letter format. And yes, we accept Paypal. Dealers welcome! Have a look at our website www.ndetail.de  and try the automatic translation at the bottom of each page. It is not perfect, but you will get the idea of the text. If you are unsure with the shop, just order by mail. If questions remain, drop me a note.

Regards from Germany, Stefan

bsoplinger

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 11:12:44 AM »
Talk about making a nice gesture for us foreign (to them) customers. This is a very nice deal, I'll definitely be getting myself a crane and perhaps of few other of their goodies now.

I'd originally posted on the container crane thread that the price, converting to dollars from euros worked out at about $72 and that didn't include shipping. So its quite a savings being offered at the price of $49.99 instead of €49.99. And 8 buck shipping is very nice too.

engineshop

• Crew
  • Respect: +19
    • http://www.engineshop.org
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 11:58:45 AM »
Since the offer is on the table from Ndetail, I already make my list. There some need items even in the plant "department" like the fern and sunflowers. Maybe for a future release: photo etched pieces for different palm trees.
After talking to the owner months ago about the industrial zig-zag staircases for my crane, he has it now on the "future release." To late for my crane but still very useful for other projects.

Atlanticflier

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 02:10:35 PM »
A US Dealer for the intermodal Loader items will be The N Scale Intermodal Store.
www.nscaleintermodalstore.net

.............Details to be added next week.

sirenwerks

• Crew
  • Respect: +351
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2007, 02:53:12 PM »
Stefan,

Any chance of a smaller forklift version in the future, a material handler type, that could be used in lumber mills, etc.?
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

ñiao

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2007, 02:58:08 PM »
Cool idea, Stefan! Thank you.

ndetail

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2007, 07:54:19 AM »
Hi

I want to give you some background information about us: We are small garage company, two railway modellers which produce models parallel to the normal job. We have a professional approach, though, as we are toolmaker and designer in our normal jobs. We do prototyping and testing and give the series away to industrial etching companies in Germany.

We are heading to expand our business, with a dozen dealers all over Europe currently. We take part in large railroad fares, with are taking place in Germany several times a year. As you might know, many big model railroad companies are located in Germany, many people are practising that hobby over here.

I do know how it is in the US, the N modellers only are 25% of the railway modellers over here, H0 is dominating by far. Reason enough for us, as we are N-enthusiasts, to step into that niche and produce high end, but affordable models that are not available on the market.

Ups, it happened already, we’ve received some orders from the US last night. Wow, thanks! Please note that our shop is unfortunately unable to calculate our special currency offer, just use the shopping basket to gather the items and to submit your data, the correct amount and Paypal mail will follow separately. Or send us a mail, as you like.

Please note that all our models are kits, you can see the etched cards how we sell them on our website.

Sirenwerks, a smaller forklift is on our list, but not on top, unfortunately. We currently add moulded parts to our kits, and this process is in its beginning and for hat reason it takes a while, until we are experienced enough to produce as fast as we now can do with the etching technique.

Anyway, if you have any ideas of models that are needed, but not available, we would be glad to hear your proposals. Several times we were able to fulfil special wishes and then put the models into our normal program; especially, if stuff is interesting for many modellers and not too special, and the effort to design it is manageable. It may take some months, but…

Great forum here, I keep on reading and learning!
Regards from Germany

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=Hamburg&ie=UTF8&ll=52.268157,11.25&spn=40.267025,63.808594&t=k&z=4&iwloc=addr&om=1

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +7024
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 02:11:20 PM »
Just to follow up, I recently placed an order with Ndetail, and it arrived very quickly. The craftsmanship is superb; they have many items that are useful for North American layouts. Highly recommended.