Author Topic: 2024 NSE National N-Scale Convention: Product Info (announcements, updates?)  (Read 6836 times)

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +9008
    • Conrail 1285
they are close enough, i had them in hand.. debating on making the switch and selling off my IMs and katos....

I've already done that. Well, the Kato ones anyway.

I wouldn't expect an SD45-2 from them any time soon though. That's a far different beast.

Now, an SD40? They'd be crazy not to...

MK

• Crew
  • Respect: +766

Thank you @Ed Kapuscinski.  What a sugar rush and I didn't get any on the layout!!!   :D

btrain

• Crew
  • Respect: +630
I noticed two 3D printing booths that I wanted to give a shout out here. The first is “TRsTrains” who made a rendition of a New York Central PT tender body. It was in crisp relief and super finely detailed. He also had the cowlings used for the NYC Shays that were street switchers, and Harriman roof add-ons for passenger cars. He is pretty hard to find online, but if you search his name as above on Facebook, you can see his full product line.

The other is Piper Craftsman Kits who had a selection of 3D and laser printed products. I especially liked his detailed store interiors and scene detail parts. You might remember him from his Midland & Dorchester Youtube channel.

Here’s a link to his Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/PiperCraftsmanKits?dd_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F
« Last Edit: June 25, 2024, 11:35:57 AM by btrain »

Sokramiketes

• Crew
  • Better modeling through peer pressure...
  • Respect: +1456
    • Modutrak
PT Tenders!

btrain

• Crew
  • Respect: +630
PT Tenders!

Yep! My jaw dropped to the floor when I saw it. I think these are the ones without the water overflow control behind the coal bunker.

Since the Kato parts store is out of stock for 844 and 4014 tenders, if anyone can make me, or has a spare centipede tender truck frame they’d be willing to sell, I’d be greatly in their debt so I can make a J-3a out of my Bachmann model.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2024, 02:03:05 PM by btrain »

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +9008
    • Conrail 1285

Thank you @Ed Kapuscinski.  What a sugar rush and I didn't get any on the layout!!!   :D

You bet! I just feel bad I wasn't able to feed even more of the crowd.

But I came loaded for bear.

lock4244

• Crew
  • Respect: +649
    • My train pics
You bet! I just feel bad I wasn't able to feed even more of the crowd.

But I came loaded for bear.

This in a nutshell is what's wrong with America... not enough donuts! I would take every one of those angel white filled please  :drool:

lock4244

• Crew
  • Respect: +649
    • My train pics
They did, plus an ETA of August 2024..

Not a bad stand-in for CN's aluminum ingot service cars in the 618000-618196 series.

tehachapifan

• Crew
  • Respect: +866
On the Surfliner announcement, was that a Facebook post from Kato itself? Can't find anything on this on the Kato website or on their FB page.

Did anybody here see this announcement in person at the Kato booth?

« Last Edit: June 25, 2024, 10:21:07 PM by tehachapifan »

chessie system fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +641
“TRsTrains” ...  He is pretty hard to find online, but if you search his name as above on Facebook, you can see his full product line.

Okay, I tried to locate his page.  Is this it? https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090248374351 There's nothing about NYC there.  Or many products at all, actually.
Aaron Bearden

EspeeGoldenState

• Crew
  • Respect: +114
    • Modern Southern Pacific
On the Surfliner announcement, was that a Facebook post from Kato itself? Can't find anything on this on the Kato website or on their FB page.

It was at the Manufacturers breakfast. And then the sign was on the Kato table at Swap o rama I believe.

Attempting to model a modern Southern Pacific based in 2015/2016...

Also, I have a passenger train addiction...

jagged ben

• Crew
  • Respect: +500
Okay, I tried to locate his page.  Is this it? https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090248374351 There's nothing about NYC there.  Or many products at all, actually.

I wonder if there was a mix up of who is who.  I know that guy, I obtained some of his Santa Fe container mail cars recently, a 'needed' addition to my San Francisco Chief.  I don't recall him having any NYC stuff when I met him. 

James Costello

• Crew
  • Respect: +324

Hi @tehachapifan - it was amongst the NSE's photo summary on FB from the manufacturer's breakfast.

I'm not surprised you haven't seen anything on Kato's channels yet.
James Costello
Espee into the 90's

tehachapifan

• Crew
  • Respect: +866
It was at the Manufacturers breakfast. And then the sign was on the Kato table at Swap o rama I believe.

Hi @tehachapifan - it was amongst the NSE's photo summary on FB from the manufacturer's breakfast.

I'm not surprised you haven't seen anything on Kato's channels yet.

OK, thanks for the clarification!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2024, 10:12:41 PM by tehachapifan »

nkalanaga

• Crew
  • Respect: +1426
If the Atlas SD45s sell well, maybe we GN/BN modelers can get an SDP40.  The cab is in the same place, and it used the same frame, so the SD45 mechanism would be a drop-in fit.  All it really needs is a new long hood.
N Kalanaga
Be well