Author Topic: 2024 NSE National N-Scale Convention: Product Info (announcements, updates?)  (Read 6842 times)

Englewood

• Crew
  • Respect: +286
MTL has absolutely leveled up their game. Their last few new cars have been absolute beauties.

Was Jacksonville Terminal Co. at the show?

JoeD

• Crew
  • Respect: +1167
Did MTL have samples of their forthcoming Thrall modern 60' flat car there?

yes we did...

in my civvies here.  I only represent my grandmothers home made Mac and Cheese on Railwire.

GaryHinshaw

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +1856
yes we did...

These look great!  I can't wait to see the weathered versions.

tehachapifan

• Crew
  • Respect: +866
Kato announcing the Surfliner with appropriate Charger. Picture from a Facebook post.

(Attachment Link)

Wait....we're getting N scale Surfliner cars from Kato??

Spades

• Crew
  • Respect: +171
Any information on the Peco North American profile Code 55 track?

GM50 4164

• Crew
  • Respect: +98
The Atlas SD45's also have the worms built into the trucks like in the Kato and Scale Trains locomotives which I found to be unique. I believe this will be the first to offer it from Atlas, unless I've missed something. You'll also have to remove the couplers in order to facilitate shell removal. 

Benjamin H

jagged ben

• Crew
  • Respect: +500
Wait....we're getting N scale Surfliner cars from Kato??

WHY ISN'T THE ENTIRE THREAD ABOUT THIS?!?
 :lol: :lol: :lol:

James Costello

• Crew
  • Respect: +324

@jagged ben California Cars would have me more excited, but it's still very cool!
James Costello
Espee into the 90's

jagged ben

• Crew
  • Respect: +500
@jagged ben California Cars would have me more excited, but it's still very cool!

Right?  Those gotta be coming next, right?  Why does Surfliner get all the love?  Do I buy the Surfliner to paint or just be patient?

jwaldo

• Crew
  • Respect: +34
Kato announcing the Surfliner with appropriate Charger. Picture from a Facebook post.

(Attachment Link)

THIS is news I've been waiting for for the last decade!

I can do without the Charger though, it just doesn't have the class the F59PHIs did.

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +592
I emailed Atlas about the SD45s immediately after seeing the photo. Hopefully they are "pre-production" models and the actual models will have the bells.

I received a response from Atlas ... no bells on the N&W SD45s.   :o :facepalm: :x :RUEffinKiddingMe:

Especially annoying since they have a good track record on 2nd Generations EMDs (both the N&W SD35s and the N&W GP38s (GP38AC) have the correct bells). Maybe I should hold out for Scale Trains. I do have some spare bells, but on a $280 loco I shouldn't have to.

Alas,

Mark

DMU-Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +15

RIGHT?!?! I’ve been waiting a million years for this! I remotely considered switching to Z scale when they came out quite a few years back (but considering my eye-sight is already bad for N-Scale, I can’t imagine trying to do anything in Z scale now!) So excited, and glad it’s Kato. They will be reasonably priced, and run really well! If only Bachman would take a page from them, I’d love to get the VIA Siemens set, but I don’t want to pay $1k per car and $2k per loco….

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +592
Any information on the Peco North American profile Code 55 track?

Was PECO there?

JoeD

• Crew
  • Respect: +1167
I received a response from Atlas ... no bells on the N&W SD45s.   :o :facepalm: :x :RUEffinKiddingMe:

Especially annoying since they have a good track record on 2nd Generations EMDs (both the N&W SD35s and the N&W GP38s (GP38AC) have the correct bells). Maybe I should hold out for Scale Trains. I do have some spare bells, but on a $280 loco I shouldn't have to.

Alas,

Mark

It's a heavenly force telling you to model Southern Pacific.   ;) 

in my civvies here.  I only represent my grandmothers home made Mac and Cheese on Railwire.

Lackawannae8

• Crew
  • John O
  • Respect: +14
The horn placement on the EL is close but not correct..

Also.. do I spy Micro-Trains style Couplers?
they are close enough, i had them in hand.. debating on making the switch and selling off my IMs and katos....
IG: the_lackawanna_cutoff_n_scale

I build cool things with DCC & Sounds