Author Topic: Z scale T-Trak-Z end cap module  (Read 494 times)

ztrack

• Crew
  • Working to drive Z to all new levels!
  • Respect: +258
    • Ztrack
Z scale T-Trak-Z end cap module
« on: May 25, 2024, 12:07:06 AM »
+9
Z scale has come a long way. One of things I absolutely love about Z scale is how you can really showcase scenery in a small space. With that concept in mind, I have been working on a T-Trak-Z end-cap module. This module is based on rural Ohio. I have been creating these modules to showcase products we have developed, with the thought of taking them to shows to display and run trains. But eventually they will be integrated into a larger layout. Key features of this module include Rokuhan track AZL SD40-2 with Ortners, Archistories/Ztrack kits, JTT trees, Preiser and Noch figures, and more. There is even a detail from David K Smith's NZT line.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Z, turning N on it's side since 1972
www.ztrack.com
www.ztrackcenter.com
www.ztrackresale.com

ztrack

• Crew
    • Ztrack
Re: Z scale T-Trak-Z end cap module
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2024, 12:09:11 AM »
+3
Also if anyone is interested, I have a video where I reflect on the different scenes around the module. This gives you a better idea of the details that have gone into this piece.

www.ztrack.com
www.ztrackcenter.com
www.ztrackresale.com

Rivet Miscounter

• Crew
  • Respect: +390
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2024, 12:42:21 AM »
+2
I think the impressive part of this, besides the obvious niceness of the scene and the modeling behind it, is the size of what we’re looking at.  It’s not always readily apparent how truly small Z is.
Doug

dem34

• Crew
  • Only here to learn through Osmosis
  • Respect: +1180
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2024, 11:41:32 AM »
Going to have access to a CPKC provided laser cutter soon. So may whip up a few to really spread my modelling time properly thin.
-Al

ztrack

• Crew
    • Ztrack
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2024, 02:14:55 PM »
+2
I think the impressive part of this, besides the obvious niceness of the scene and the modeling behind it, is the size of what we’re looking at.  It’s not always readily apparent how truly small Z is.

Great point on the size of Z. I usually put a dime in my photos so folks get an idea of how small this really is. You can see the dime in the video. But to put things into perspective...

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
www.ztrack.com
www.ztrackcenter.com
www.ztrackresale.com