Author Topic: Weekend Update 3/3/24  (Read 3245 times)

vermonter_railfan

• Crew
  • Respect: +113
Re: Weekend Update 3/3/24
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2024, 07:45:34 PM »
Did this and that. Tried a couple of flats with TSC couplers. The experiment failed... I may have to go back and weld the couplers so they stay coupled. I have an idea for an updated coupler box as well but not sure if it'll help any.

Beyond that, continuing to work on the 100 flat project, which includes now GSH90A equipped for wind turbine blades (everything simply placed... prime/paint/etc. later this month) as well as some pressure vessel loads:

and, finally, the car I have been looking for: in this case, one of the early NSH90 with nailable decks retrofitted with bunks. The last of the models, next up is figuring out instructions and uploading them so that the various models will be available for purchase. Present idea is to group the cars by type, e.g., PTTX cars, LTTX cars, etc.

Its great seeing these cars becoming more and more of a reality!
Arizona & California RR and Vermont Railway in Free-moN
http://free-mon.net/

mu26aeh

• Crew
  • Respect: +3220
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2024, 08:59:06 PM »
+9
Really need to finish this project, luckily customer is understanding to my schedule. Turning an N&W Y6b into a Reading N-1, at least the "look"

Also a few hoppers

turbowhiz

• Crew
  • https://n-possible.com
  • Respect: +161
    • N-Possible
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2024, 09:59:49 PM »
+4
@lock4244,

Well, glad to see someone has gone in on these cars properly! I really am surprised about this prototype choice from Rapido, it just doesn't strike me as something with very much mass appeal.

I have vivid memories of these trains having witnessed them as a kid. The ground shook... You could feel the weight. I'm even modeling the Halton sub which they ran on, but in the modern era. I really don’t want to commit the dollars for a train of these, although I’m awfully tempted! I did pick up a token example mind you.

Here is my example with a non-factory coupler installed... Like the van, I would prefer a complete box replacement for aesthetic reasons but the drop in conversion was simple.

Unlike some other recent Rapido releases, they at least came with the correct size wheels and the coupler heights were also correct!

I’ve finally gotten to working on my photo/video studio setup this weekend. Still a way to go, but I’ve started at least.

kiwi_al

• Crew
  • Respect: +367
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2024, 07:47:39 AM »
+4
A Drasko Modelworks ATSF 3800 class 2-10-2 with a stretched Kato Mikado mechanism, getting there!  :D