Author Topic: HD Custom Design Structures  (Read 2166 times)

dem34

• Crew
  • Only here to learn through Osmosis
  • Respect: +1181
Re: HD Custom Design Structures
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2024, 03:23:02 PM »
+1
His "Numbers Sold" in each listing are quite impressive! I wish I had that many sales on a particular design. Lol.

Think he really nailed an undersold niche in doing the buildings between. A lot of the model MFGs do a lot of Built up Downtown structures and a lot of house and industries. But often when you look at a lot of more rural Railroad towns you see a whole lot more structures that are more akin to large houses with a facade squeezed between those DPM adjacent ones which his models fit the bill for.
-Al

Lemosteam

• Crew
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +3511
    • Designer at Keystone Details
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2024, 04:50:01 AM »
Think he really nailed an undersold niche in doing the buildings between. A lot of the model MFGs do a lot of Built up Downtown structures and a lot of house and industries. But often when you look at a lot of more rural Railroad towns you see a whole lot more structures that are more akin to large houses with a facade squeezed between those DPM adjacent ones which his models fit the bill for.

Agree, I'm impressed!

basementcalling

• Crew
  • Respect: +730
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2024, 05:31:18 AM »
How is he converting street view photos into 3d printed buildings?
Peter Pfotenhauer

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +8974
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2024, 09:10:22 AM »
How is he converting street view photos into 3d printed buildings?

The Mk1 Eyeball!

Take a known dimension and extrapolate.

JMaurer1

• Crew
  • Respect: +306
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2024, 11:56:06 AM »
Lemosteam: You have some very nice products but you are selling detail parts (mostly for PRR) and this guy is selling houses and businesses (and without the SW markup). There are several things you make that some day I'm going to order, I just haven't had the need to put an order together (yet...I'm really feeling the need for the SW number boards).
Sacramento Valley NRail and NTrak
We're always looking for new members

haasmarc

• Crew
  • Respect: +739
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2024, 12:22:28 PM »
I really like his buildings too.  One thing that I think would be awesome would be to offer them with just window/door cutouts.  Make the holes to fit Tichy windows or use a resin printer to print separate windows and doors.  That would make painting much easier and make the buildings look even better.
Marc Haas
Keeping the Reading alive in N scale!

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +8974
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2024, 12:47:33 PM »
I really like his buildings too.  One thing that I think would be awesome would be to offer them with just window/door cutouts.  Make the holes to fit Tichy windows or use a resin printer to print separate windows and doors.  That would make painting much easier and make the buildings look even better.

That would probably be pretty easy for him to do. Maybe reach out to him? He's a good guy.