Author Topic: BLIs upcoming N scale locomotive releases  (Read 9071 times)

ek2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +48
BLIs upcoming N scale locomotive releases
« on: January 05, 2021, 07:24:36 PM »
+2
Here's what I gathered from a discussion with a BLI rep. Even though there are several re-releases, BLI along with Kato has to be commended for consistently rolling out releases in N scale

"Our next few N scale projects will be USRA Light and Heavy Pacifics, new paint schemes of NW2/SW7 switchers, new paint schemes of SD40-2 and EMD F3/F7.   The next new project will probably be an Alco RSD-15.

We have the Y6b designed also, but have not started tooling yet.  We plan to build that in 2022."

wes_sutton

• Crew
  • Respect: +463
    • http://www.users.bigpond.com/grms
Re: BLIs upcoming N scale locomotive releases
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 07:35:44 PM »
We can but dream.......

I've more or less stopped buying US prototype, but a Y6b and RSD15 would be the two models most likely to get me to open my wallet again :)

propmeup1

• Crew
  • Respect: +112
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 08:00:49 PM »
I been on them for years about the N Y6B. I'll be in for no less then two. Hope they do the aux water tenders as well.

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +2389
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 09:02:01 PM »
+4
RSD15 is on my short list. Probably a couple in Santa Fe. But not from BLI until they realize the market for them is not that big and they're discounted to make it worth my while to yank the sound guts out of 'em.  :x
...mike

http://www.gibboncozadandwestern.com

Note: Images linked in my postings are on an HTTP server, not HTTPS. Enable "mixed content" in your browser to view.

There are over 1000 images on this server. Not changing anytime soon.

jagged ben

• Crew
  • Respect: +498
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2021, 09:18:24 PM »
+1
RSD15 I'd go for that.  Lol

reinhardtjh

• Crew
  • Respect: +354
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2021, 10:34:11 PM »
Here's what I gathered from a discussion with a BLI rep. Even though there are several re-releases, BLI along with Kato has to be commended for consistently rolling out releases in N scale

"Our next few N scale projects will be USRA Light and Heavy Pacifics, new paint schemes of NW2/SW7 switchers, new paint schemes of SD40-2 and EMD F3/F7.   The next new project will probably be an Alco RSD-15.

We have the Y6b designed also, but have not started tooling yet.  We plan to build that in 2022."

I hope they don't forget this:

I have been exchanging emails with the rep at Broadway Limited over the past week regarding a few issues, and the rep mentioned that the PRR J1 2-10-4 has been designed by BLI in N scale.  He said as well that they expect to release the I1and H10 in N scale over the next few years.  Take it for what it's worth!

Though that list looks like it could be for 2021 so this coujld still make it in 2022 sometime.

As an update, the BLI rep emailed and said he is guessing early 2022 for the J1.  So about two years off, but still.something to look forward to.

If not there is always 3D printing and steam chassis hacking.
John H. Reinhardt
PRRT&HS #8909
C&O HS #11530
N-Trak #7566

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
  • Respect: +1080
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 12:36:37 AM »
I don't suppose you could get them to do a couple RSD-7s, just for me.... delivery dates on the -15 just a couple years past my roster cut off date (assuming my sources on ATSF units are correct).

Well..... I suppose I could console myself with a heavy Pacific.  I'm sure I could modify it into something I can use.

Tom D.

I have a mind like a steel trap...a VERY rusty, old steel trap.

Kentuckian

• Crew
  • "This all started with Romans 10:9!" -Apologetix
  • Respect: +492
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 07:38:21 AM »
I don't suppose you could get them to do a couple RSD-7s, just for me.... delivery dates on the -15 just a couple years past my roster cut off date (assuming my sources on ATSF units are correct).

Well..... I suppose I could console myself with a heavy Pacific.  I'm sure I could modify it into something I can use.

Really hoping for RSD-7’s too. They did them in HO, so we’ll see.
Modeling the C&O in Kentucky.

“Nature does not know extinction; all it knows is transformation. ... Everything science has taught me-and continues to teach me-strengthens my belief in the continuity of our spiritual existence after death. Nothing disappears without a trace.” Wernher von Braun

mike_lawyer

• Crew
  • Respect: +163
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2021, 06:56:42 PM »
+2
I am really hoping BLI puts out more PRR steam in N scale.  I hope the J1 and I1 come to fruition.

propmeup1

• Crew
  • Respect: +112
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2021, 07:32:41 PM »
I'm with you Mike, I been blowing the horn about those two and the Q2. We have the T1 so they can make a Q2 if they want.

prr7161

• Crew
  • Respect: +113
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2021, 08:17:53 PM »
Looking forward to the Pacifics - the last heavy was the ConCor, no?  And an up-to-date light should be an improvement on Model Power, especially for detailing and kitbashing.
Angela Sutton

The Mon Valley in N Scale

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +350
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2021, 08:50:10 PM »
Heavy pacific in the right road name would be very tempting.
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

kiwi_al

• Crew
  • Respect: +403
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2021, 08:54:22 PM »

Atsfnscalemodels.com does these, they fit on a slightly modified Atlas Alco Century C628 or C630 mechanism. You will get a accurate Santa Fe model.
Link https://atsfnscalemodels.com/projects/rsd-15,%20rsd-7.html

It's one of Dirks creations

Maletrain

• Crew
  • Respect: +595
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2021, 10:46:25 AM »
It would be nice if BLI could follow Bachmann's move on the K-4s and put headlights in raised position instead of centered on the smoke box front, at least as an option.  Even for many prototype USRA designs, some railroads quickly moved their loco headlights to the top of the smokebox front.  I model B&O, and they did that with their USRA Pacifics and Mikados, as well as some other classes that I want to kitbash from the USRA types.

babbo_enzo

• Crew
  • Respect: +12
    • Experience IT!
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2021, 11:51:52 AM »
+2
I know this is not a popular subject in N Scale (given nobody today have a Vandy in his catalog!!) BUT I buy it only if they will provide a VANDERBILT Tender alternative too :)
I model the Espee but will be good also for B&O and ... others.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 11:53:39 AM by babbo_enzo »