Author Topic: BLIs upcoming N scale locomotive releases  (Read 9070 times)

packers#1

• Crew
  • Modern Shortline Modeler
  • Respect: +552
Re: BLIs upcoming N scale locomotive releases
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2021, 10:55:32 AM »
I’d be in for a couple WSOR SD40-2s; probably a new UP as well or hunt down an old one of theirs. I wasn’t paying. I wasn’t paying much attention back then because I didn’t need one but modeling focus has changed.

Yes I know Kato did both those road names as well; not opposed to those either.
Sawyer Berry
Clemson University graduate, c/o 2018
American manufacturing isn’t dead, it’s just gotten high tech

EspeeGoldenState

• Crew
  • Respect: +114
    • Modern Southern Pacific
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2021, 11:34:09 PM »
Looks like more AC6000CWs coming down the pipeline pretty much like what was released in HO minus the silly smoke feature.

BNSF AC60CWs in Swoosh as well as SP 601 in Daylight colors.

https://www.broadway-limited.com/paragon3geac6000cw.aspx

Chris
Attempting to model a modern Southern Pacific based in 2015/2016...

Also, I have a passenger train addiction...

SkipGear

• Crew
  • Respect: +629
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2021, 01:48:01 AM »
Just realized something, for those wishing for the PRR H10 Consolidation, don't hold your breath. They only did one run in HO about 5 years ago and just now brought them back with Paragon 3 decoders as a "generic" Consolidation. They removed the belpaire firebox, added a usra style tender and put steps on the front. The PRR version didn't sell well enough to bring it back.
Tony Hines

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5640
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2021, 03:03:59 AM »
wow the whole time they have said they get the most requests for a H10.

CodyO

• Crew
  • Cody Orr-SPF
  • Respect: +194
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2021, 10:17:57 AM »
Just realized something, for those wishing for the PRR H10 Consolidation, don't hold your breath. They only did one run in HO about 5 years ago and just now brought them back with Paragon 3 decoders as a "generic" Consolidation. They removed the belpaire firebox, added a usra style tender and put steps on the front. The PRR version didn't sell well enough to bring it back.

I got the complete opposite from Broadway a few weeks ago.
So I will keep holding my breath.

I think they are just trying to make a bigger run generic model.
Modeling the Pennsylvania Middle Division in late 1954
             Nothing Will Stop The US Air Force

SkipGear

• Crew
  • Respect: +629
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2021, 04:08:23 PM »
Requests and actual purchases are two different things. As modelers, we want the boring and mundane everyday workhorse loco. The majority of the buying public however want big flashy loco's. The average Joe playing trains still accounts for more sales than the serious modeler and they buy flashy famous stuff.
Tony Hines

reinhardtjh

• Crew
  • Respect: +354
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2021, 04:12:46 PM »
I got the complete opposite from Broadway a few weeks ago.
So I will keep holding my breath.

I think they are just trying to make a bigger run generic model.

If BLI can do a Light and Heavy USRA Pacific and make them as good as the Mikes apparently are, they should have a good run which would let them do some of the more specific locos.
John H. Reinhardt
PRRT&HS #8909
C&O HS #11530
N-Trak #7566

btrain

• Crew
  • Respect: +630
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2021, 11:51:54 PM »
I’m surprised with the amount of PRR and C&O modelers in N scale that the J1/T1 2-10-4 isn’t being considered.

basementcalling

• Crew
  • Respect: +734
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2021, 11:59:19 PM »
Looks like more AC6000CWs coming down the pipeline pretty much like what was released in HO minus the silly smoke feature.

BNSF AC60CWs in Swoosh as well as SP 601 in Daylight colors.

https://www.broadway-limited.com/paragon3geac6000cw.aspx

Chris

Wait, I thought the smoke feature was baked in to all DCC units. Ya might have to turn it on, but it's definitely there.  :)
 :D :) :o :drool: :RUEffinKiddingMe:
Peter Pfotenhauer

reinhardtjh

• Crew
  • Respect: +354
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2021, 12:20:29 AM »
+3
I’m surprised with the amount of PRR and C&O modelers in N scale that the J1/T1 2-10-4 isn’t being considered.

It is.  The thread I linked to earlier was Mike Lawyer after talking to BLI reps early in 2020.  The design is supposedly done and production might be early 2022.
John H. Reinhardt
PRRT&HS #8909
C&O HS #11530
N-Trak #7566

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +5202
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2021, 12:21:29 AM »
+1
Wait, I thought the smoke feature was baked in to all DCC units. Ya might have to turn it on, but it's definitely there.  :)
 :D :) :o :drool: :RUEffinKiddingMe:

Unfortunately, that feature is one-time-use.  :D
. . . 42 . . .

dougnelson

• Crew
  • Respect: +2208
    • PRR N Scale
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2021, 01:34:47 PM »
+2
If you model Pennsy mainline and many branchlines, the I1 decapods were the dominant freight locomotive until the diesels arrived.  On freights over the Allegheny summit, you could often see two I1s on the front and two pushing on the rear.  They were truely the PRR's workhorse.  The M1 was a great locomotive but in terms of predominance on the scene through the early 1950s, the I1 was the backbone of the railroad's motive power. 

The J1 was a beautiful locomotive, and the Q2 was massive, but they were mere asterisks in PRR motive power.  The H class consolidations were the predominant freight locomotive prior to 1920, and while many lasted into the 1950s, they were used primarily on branchlines and local freights.  If you model the PRR from the 1920s through the early 1950s, any class steam locomotive is nice, but the I1 decapod is the one locomotive you really cannot be without.  If fact, you should have many.

propmeup1

• Crew
  • Respect: +112
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2021, 03:47:38 PM »
I'm very happy with the six M1 a & bs I have. The T1 are awesome, a little noisy but none the less still good pullers and beautiful. I used one of my four T1 to make the S1. I made a H10 from the 3D shell on a Bachmann 2-8-0.  I'll be using the BLI 2-8-2 for a L1 and Reading M1.

So BLI bring what ever PRR toy desire, I'm in.   Q2, J1, I1 and a N&W Y6B or even A

haasmarc

• Crew
  • Respect: +739
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2021, 04:42:39 PM »
I have been bugging Ken every chance I get to do the Reading T1 in N.
Marc Haas
Keeping the Reading alive in N scale!

CodyO

• Crew
  • Cody Orr-SPF
  • Respect: +194
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2021, 07:00:36 PM »
If you model Pennsy mainline and many branchlines, the I1 decapods were the dominant freight locomotive until the diesels arrived.  On freights over the Allegheny summit, you could often see two I1s on the front and two pushing on the rear.  They were truely the PRR's workhorse.  The M1 was a great locomotive but in terms of predominance on the scene through the early 1950s, the I1 was the backbone of the railroad's motive power. 

The J1 was a beautiful locomotive, and the Q2 was massive, but they were mere asterisks in PRR motive power.  The H class consolidations were the predominant freight locomotive prior to 1920, and while many lasted into the 1950s, they were used primarily on branchlines and local freights.  If you model the PRR from the 1920s through the early 1950s, any class steam locomotive is nice, but the I1 decapod is the one locomotive you really cannot be without.  If fact, you should have many.

So true doug. When they do a run ill be stocking up. I only have 1 lonely I in my roster
Modeling the Pennsylvania Middle Division in late 1954
             Nothing Will Stop The US Air Force