Author Topic: So, Atlas got True Line Trains  (Read 6141 times)

Rossford Yard

• Crew
  • Respect: +145
Re: So, Atlas got True Line Trains
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2020, 04:04:51 PM »
Plus, I'd rather have $200 C424s than no C424s.

Yes, as much as we clamor for new product, it rings a bit hollow to hear anyone complain about it (unless not useful for their era!)

brokemoto

• Crew
  • Respect: +202
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2020, 06:39:26 PM »
+1
(unless not useful for their era!)

The C-424 (or any Century, for that matter) is not useful for my era, nor is a chop nosed GP, but, for many here, it is, so good for them.  I will not complain.  If I can get a five axle FM or high drivered 2-6-2, though, I will not be unhappy.

nscalbitz

• Crew
  • Respect: +48
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2020, 08:49:10 PM »
The minibox would have been nice to see. The newsprint boxcar would have needed a lot of work, not just on the door guides.

Quote Jim Eager on MFCL
" I was one of the modellers that had a chance to review the original product design drawings and suggest changes/improvements, including replacing the as-drawn throwback to a stamped metal coupler box cover ala Athearn blue box models because that’s what the hand-built sample model that was sent to China had, and suggesting the swappable bolster/center sill section to accommodate cars of both truck spacings. Good news that the newsprint cars will likely be reissued eventually by Atlas as the CN noodle on first run was crooked and I don’t think they ever did another run with original NEW/BLT data.
Jim Eager"

FWIW, d

Rossford Yard

• Crew
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2020, 10:05:28 AM »
+1
The C-424 (or any Century, for that matter) is not useful for my era, nor is a chop nosed GP, but, for many here, it is, so good for them.  I will not complain.  If I can get a five axle FM or high drivered 2-6-2, though, I will not be unhappy.

And, isn't that the goal of any hobby, to not be unhappy? :)

Although, I have been oft quoted as saying, "Model railroading is fun.....dammit!"

cjm413

• Crew
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2020, 11:09:36 AM »
Sounds like good news to me!

I'm looking forward to DCC friendly mechs for my C424s.

...and hopefully something that resembles an actual underframe as well

cjm413

• Crew
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2020, 11:21:57 AM »
+2
Quote Jim Eager on MFCL
" I was one of the modellers that had a chance to review the original product design drawings and suggest changes/improvements, including replacing the as-drawn throwback to a stamped metal coupler box cover ala Athearn blue box models because that’s what the hand-built sample model that was sent to China had, and suggesting the swappable bolster/center sill section to accommodate cars of both truck spacings. Good news that the newsprint cars will likely be reissued eventually by Atlas as the CN noodle on first run was crooked and I don’t think they ever did another run with original NEW/BLT data.
Jim Eager"

FWIW, d

That appears to be a review of the HO newsprint box.

N scale car had Micro-Trains trucks with couplers rather than frame-mounted couplers with the "Blue Box" coupler lids.   There's also no way in hell that Jim Eager would have overlooked the screwed-up door tracks on the N model.

w neal

• Crew
  • Respect: +483
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2020, 12:10:07 PM »
Maybe now a C425?
Buffering...

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +588
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2020, 12:54:32 PM »
Maybe now a C425?

I better hurry up and finish mine!  :D

cjm413

• Crew
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2020, 01:37:59 PM »
I better hurry up and finish mine!  :D

It's probably "safe" to build one with a high short hood.

If Atlas didn't offer a C628 with a high short hood that would cover both N&W and CNW, I doubt they'd offer a C425 with a high short hood for N&W when they have the Wabash order as an option...unless you want to rally up all of the Contrack modelers out there...

« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 01:41:51 PM by cjm413 »