Author Topic: KATO Announcement from N Scale Convention in Chicago  (Read 3319 times)

kschmidt626

• Crew
  • Respect: +4
KATO Announcement from N Scale Convention in Chicago
« on: June 30, 2019, 08:27:06 PM »
Greetings,

Probably the biggest announcement was from Hiroshi Kato this morning at the N Scale Convention breakfast.  Kato will be doing a Big Boy 4-8-8-4 locomotive.  Look for it around 2021.  Hiroshi mentioned that an engine that size requires alot of engineering. Kato also asked about the interest in the newest UP unit UP #1111.  It just happened to be on display in Chicago this weekend. 

EspeeGoldenState

• Crew
  • Respect: +114
    • Modern Southern Pacific
Re: KATO Announcement from N Scale Convention in Chicago
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2019, 09:49:35 PM »
Greetings,

Probably the biggest announcement was from Hiroshi Kato this morning at the N Scale Convention breakfast.  Kato will be doing a Big Boy 4-8-8-4 locomotive.  Look for it around 2021.  Hiroshi mentioned that an engine that size requires alot of engineering. Kato also asked about the interest in the newest UP unit UP #1111.  It just happened to be on display in Chicago this weekend.

As distasteful at the timing of the release of #1111 for employee and public unveil. That was set out to employees for vote between three different arts and that was the one chosen. Unfortunately companies change strategies all the time and employees are the victims while the company fills their pockets.

With that said, I would still purchase one even if for personal use. I do plan on getting the HO Athearn version for my display case to go with the rest.

Chris
Attempting to model a modern Southern Pacific based in 2015/2016...

Also, I have a passenger train addiction...

kschmidt626

• Crew
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 10:51:32 AM »
Kato also announced the New York Central 20th Century Limited as the next name train that they are doing. 

greenwizard88

• Crew
  • Respect: +63
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 08:31:31 PM »
I thought they had announced the 20th century last year.

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +5202
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 09:37:58 PM »
I thought they had announced the 20th century last year.

That is correct Mr. Wizard!  There is another thread about all this: https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=47417.0
There are also other active threads about the NSE convention in Chicago.
. . . 42 . . .