Author Topic: First taste of MTL SW1500  (Read 45035 times)

u18b

• Crew
  • Respect: +1950
    • My website
Re: First taste of MTL SW1500
« Reply #330 on: July 02, 2014, 01:19:37 PM »
flexicoil-     Mmmmm.  Mmmmm.  good. 

Thanks.
Ron Bearden
CSX N scale Archivist
http://u18b.com

"All get what they want-- not all like what they get."  Aslan the Lion in the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S.Lewis.

ednadolski

• Crew
  • Respect: +1695
« Reply #331 on: July 02, 2014, 01:33:03 PM »
We show you a PRE-PRODUCTION sample and all hell breaks loose, I just love the way things are blown out of proportion here on Railwire.

Yeah, it is pretty UN-inspiring.  Not just the waste of time and energy, but also to see that the forum as a whole is getting a bad rep.   :facepalm:

Does the forum have an 'ignore' button that can be applied to specific threads?   It would be nice if there were a way to keep this from showing up in the "Show unread posts from last visit" list.

Ed

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +3162
« Reply #332 on: July 02, 2014, 01:48:04 PM »
We took a decent running locomotive that has been in production for quite a few years, that was not DCC ready, and in collaboration with Digi-Trax, came up with a way to make the chassis DCC ready, so all those existing locomotives out there can now be DCC controlled. Your welcome.

Just so you all know, I'm in the process of designing Flexi-Coil truck side frames for future releases and later we will be doing the body mounted hand rail version.

Steve Ward
Micro-Trains Line Designer

Welcome Steve .. I for one am glad to see that you worked with Digi for a decoder .. I have a couple of LL SW9s  switchers that I've never been happy with the DZ121s .. I will reserve my judgement on the rest of the model for when I see it ..

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +3162
« Reply #333 on: July 02, 2014, 01:51:04 PM »
Yeah, it is pretty UN-inspiring.  Not just the waste of time and energy, but also to see that the forum as a whole is getting a bad rep.   :facepalm:

Does the forum have an 'ignore' button that can be applied to specific threads?   It would be nice if there were a way to keep this from showing up in the "Show unread posts from last visit" list.

Ed

There is no "ignore button" .. but you can ignore individual users  .. the feature is in your profile ..   unfortunately, it doesnt work for admins or mods :(

learmoia

• Crew
  • Respect: +982
    • Ian does Model Railroad stuff on Youtube.
« Reply #334 on: July 02, 2014, 02:35:38 PM »

Just so you all know, I'm in the process of designing Flexi-Coil truck side frames for future releases and later we will be doing the body mounted hand rail version.

Steve Ward

coosvalley

• Crew
  • Respect: +640
« Reply #335 on: July 02, 2014, 02:45:23 PM »
We show you a PRE-PRODUCTION sample and all hell breaks loose, I just love the way things are blown out of proportion here on Railwire.

Steve Ward

I dunno, maybe show us a production model to shut us up ?

Joe
I'll post a shot later tonight.

Unfortunately the pictures on your website as well as the pictures on ebay all show a shell which is sitting way too low on the mechanism. How did that happen ? Why is there no clear picture from the manufacturer, who I assume would like to sell many of this model, available on your website ? A clear picture would have eliminated all most of the conversations.

Jane

THIS...

tom mann

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Representing The Railwire on The Railwire
  • Respect: +998
    • http://www.chicagoswitching.com
« Reply #336 on: July 02, 2014, 03:12:03 PM »
Steve,

Thanks for signing up and posting. 

We sure do appreciate Joe taking the time to share some photos with us.  Unfortunately, some of the criticism was over the top and personal, and therefore I issued a ban to a member.  However, this thread is dragging on because there a lot of members would like to see what the actual model looks like, as Joe's sample photos don't match the "official" MTL release photo. Amazingly, no one seems to have a photo to post, which puts this model in the same category as Bigfoot or the Loch Ness Monster:  few have seen, no one has a definitive photo. :D I reached out to a hobby shop owner yesterday so have him post a photo, but he already sold out. 

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +5101
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #337 on: July 02, 2014, 03:21:17 PM »
The undec model body with the gray cab in the above photos is clearly setting on a Kato NW2 chassis.   You can see the end-axle pickups through the truck sides.  The undec model with the black cab looks like its on the 'real' LL-derivative.

Randy, both Kato and Life-Like models use the end-axle pickups, so (as it has already been pointed out) both photos had a model on a LL chassis.
. . . 42 . . .

Gozer the Gozerian

• Crew
  • Respect: +1156
« Reply #338 on: July 02, 2014, 03:26:36 PM »
I've renamed my Fob  "a$$hat"  seems fitting.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 03:29:52 PM by Shipsure »
Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor!

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +350
« Reply #339 on: July 02, 2014, 03:30:47 PM »

Both are the same chassis, the top one has the LL fuel tank , the bottom pic shows the SW1500 fuel tank that we produced. The top pic shows the shell before stops were added to the inside of the shell to set the correct height. We took a decent running locomotive that has been in production for quite a few years, that was not DCC ready, and in collaboration with Digi-Trax, came up with a way to make the chassis DCC ready, so all those existing locomotives out there can now be DCC controlled. Your welcome.

Steve Ward

It is good to see Joe has some reinforcements!!  Keep up the good work!
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +5101
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #340 on: July 02, 2014, 03:32:38 PM »
Nice Joe!  You chose an unusual angle to show the ride height.  :trollface:  But judging by the extended power pickup leafs clearly visible in this photo, the body certainly looks to be sitting much higher than a SW1200.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 03:35:03 PM by peteski »
. . . 42 . . .

tom mann

• Administrator
  • Crew
« Reply #341 on: July 02, 2014, 03:45:39 PM »
Cool Joe, thanks.

Gozer the Gozerian

• Crew
« Reply #342 on: July 02, 2014, 03:45:49 PM »
You REALLY think showing a picture will shut everyone up?   I gotta bridge you may want to buy.

Joe

I dunno, maybe show us a production model to shut us up ?

THIS...
Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor!

Gozer the Gozerian

• Crew
« Reply #343 on: July 02, 2014, 03:46:45 PM »
Here is an end to end shot with my Paul Graf Fob.   :D

tom mann

• Administrator
  • Crew
« Reply #344 on: July 02, 2014, 03:51:09 PM »
Joe, could you lower it a little bit :trollface:  and maybe to the left :trollface: