Author Topic: First taste of MTL SW1500  (Read 44959 times)

daniel_leavitt2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +1286
Re: First taste of MTL SW1500
« Reply #150 on: March 23, 2014, 03:20:37 PM »
That is neat... I think the BF looks better when not broken up by the cab. It sort of reminds me of the Eastern Airlines hockey stick.
There's a shyness found in reason
Apprehensive influence swallow away
You seem to feel abysmal take it
Then you're careful grace for sure
Kinda like the way you're breathing
Kinda like the way you keep looking away

Bob Bufkin

• Crew
  • Respect: +44
« Reply #151 on: March 23, 2014, 03:31:53 PM »
Nothing in the first group for me.  Awaiting the PC and Reading units and then I'm in for a few.

wcfn100

• Crew
  • Respect: +1196
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler
« Reply #152 on: March 23, 2014, 03:41:01 PM »
Waiting to see how the pickup is done and how it runs as a result.  That was one of the week points of the LL drive. 

Any chance of getting a paint template?

Jason

primavw

• Crew
  • "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone"
  • Respect: 0
    • Nittany and Lock Haven HCD Layout
« Reply #153 on: March 25, 2014, 12:40:30 AM »
I wouldn't mind a Conrail one

Just not patched
Modeling The Dark Horse

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/gogetta2ohsc

ryan_wilkerson

• Crew
  • Respect: +203
    • ShastaRails.com
« Reply #154 on: March 26, 2014, 12:06:54 AM »
I'm saving up money now for when these schemes are done!

Sokramiketes

• Crew
  • Better modeling through peer pressure...
  • Respect: +1445
    • Modutrak
« Reply #155 on: March 26, 2014, 08:07:22 AM »
Waiting to see how the pickup is done and how it runs as a result.  That was one of the week points of the LL drive. 

Any chance of getting a paint template?

Jason

Out of the box the LL drive runs great, but it is certainly goofy that the pick up strip tension affects gear mesh.  I messed up more than one drive before figuring that out, and they can be finicky to get right even once you know what the issue is. 

Rossford Yard

• Crew
  • Respect: +145
« Reply #156 on: March 26, 2014, 09:40:41 AM »
Haha you must have misread. I said five pairs. Or so. Which generally means in the MR-world double. I'd say I'd end up with a dozen. Too important for my 1995-era layout.

Hey Shipsure, what are the chances these would be done? I'd just like to know so I can purchase undecs if this falls into the no chance category.

Well, someone I sort of trust told me MT told them the IHB was in discussion for a future paint scheme, but maybe not right away, probably somewhere well down the line.  As in, right after I pay someone to custom paint some in IHB scheme.......

Gozer the Gozerian

• Crew
  • Respect: +1156
« Reply #157 on: March 26, 2014, 11:39:17 AM »
I would hope that we do all the schemes we can do with the body styles we have...At the moment I see all these being pre ordered so we can guage the interest.  Couple the IHB with an SP run or some other big road and we can offset costs.  I'm also pushing for offering undeck shell components right out of the box, so if you like something like that, let your LHS know so they can let us know how popular that would be.  I want to offer those sooner than later and if there is a demand, it's easer to get done...sooner :D

Joe

Well, someone I sort of trust told me MT told them the IHB was in discussion for a future paint scheme, but maybe not right away, probably somewhere well down the line.  As in, right after I pay someone to custom paint some in IHB scheme.......
Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor!

wazzou

• Crew
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1613
« Reply #158 on: March 26, 2014, 11:41:37 AM »
I would hope that we do all the schemes we can do with the body styles we have...
Joe

Just like the PS 4427 Covered Hopper, right?   ;)
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA

Rossford Yard

• Crew
  • Respect: +145
« Reply #159 on: March 26, 2014, 01:33:10 PM »
Joe,

That would be wonderful of MT to consider lesser known roads including IHB.  Actually, from me, you would get one SP sale, since IHB leased some former SP SW1500's.  Right now, I have an Atlas MP15 as a stand in, but know the pickers of nit would notice such an unholy thing in a heartbeat......

Can't wait for the IHB run, and perhaps many others.  Glad to hear this looks like a home run for MT, although not surprised.  Its my fave switcher, very common, and in fact, wondered why other mfgs hadn't latched on to this model as one of the most likely to succeed.

ryan_wilkerson

• Crew
  • Respect: +203
    • ShastaRails.com
« Reply #160 on: March 26, 2014, 03:21:11 PM »
I would hope that we do all the schemes we can do with the body styles we have...At the moment I see all these being pre ordered so we can guage the interest.  Couple the IHB with an SP run or some other big road and we can offset costs.  I'm also pushing for offering undeck shell components right out of the box, so if you like something like that, let your LHS know so they can let us know how popular that would be.  I want to offer those sooner than later and if there is a demand, it's easer to get done...sooner :D
Joe

Undecorated shells would be nice! Thanks for putting this out there sooner than later. I'd like at least two.

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +5098
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #161 on: March 26, 2014, 04:10:16 PM »
I'm also pushing for offering undeck shell components right out of the box, so if you like something like that, let your LHS know so they can let us know how popular that would be.  I want to offer those sooner than later and if there is a demand, it's easer to get done...sooner :D

Joe

Hopefully these will not be glued together, and handrails not installed.  Unlike what some other manufacturers do.  :facepalm:
. . . 42 . . .

PacRail

• Crew
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #162 on: March 26, 2014, 11:40:49 PM »
I just have to put in a plug for KCS.  Three schemes to pick from too, White, Gray and Belle.  Still, I believe this will be a great engine that was worth the wait.

Philip H

• Crew
  • Respect: +1630
    • Layout Progress Blog
« Reply #163 on: March 27, 2014, 08:15:24 AM »
I just have to put in a plug for KCS.  Three schemes to pick from too, White, Gray and Belle.  Still, I believe this will be a great engine that was worth the wait.

I've plugged this directly to Joe . . . but its why I reserved one in UP Borg to strip - actually, the satisfaction from that will be enough. :trollface:
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.

MRL

• Respect: 0
« Reply #164 on: March 27, 2014, 10:51:32 AM »