Author Topic: It's Back!!! Passenger Car User's Guide  (Read 1138 times)

jmlaboda

• Crew
  • Respect: +162
    • Passenger Car Photo Index
It's Back!!! Passenger Car User's Guide
« on: August 26, 2012, 04:34:12 PM »
Well, it has taken quite a bit of time to get it together but I am pleased to say that the N-scale Varnish Passenger Car User's Guide is back and better than ever.  In it you can see what car models and sides are available for modeling accurately a variety of lines along with suggestions on reasonable stand-ins for a few more.  Also included where possible are suggestions on where to find decals for lettering some of the roads, though a number of them simply are not possible to do at present.

Some will remember the User's Guide was previously posted back around 2005 but because of the time needed to keep the Passenger Car Photo Index updated it was hard for me to do much work on anything else.  Now that I am no longer working more time can be put towards various projects such as the User's Guide and I hope that modelers will be encouraged to pursue the many cars that now can be modeled in N-scale.  To be honest I am really surprised by some of what I found, some roads I thought would never be possible are now attainable thanks to the efforts of folks like Roberto Martari at M&R Models, Steve at Brass Car Sides, Dennix at Laser Horizons and others who are seeking to help modelers in N-scale to be able to model more passenger cars and trains than has previously been possible.  To these people we owe our thanks and gratitude.

Well, 'nough said.  Here is the link.  Some pages are very large, if any of you have any problems with the bigger pages please let me know and I will see what can be done to make them work better.

http://n-scalevarnish.info/UsersGuide

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +350
Re: It's Back!!! Passenger Car User's Guide
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 04:50:06 PM »
Thank you Jim, just saved it to my Favorites!!
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

Kev1340

• Crew
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 05:05:55 PM »
Great resource! Many thanks for the hard work, it will be a great help.

Cheers,

Kev

Puddington

• Crew
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +245
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 05:06:26 PM »
Jerry is my hero................. :lol:
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

seusscaboose

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +194
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 07:24:53 PM »
Jerry
I have about 20 sets of NKP car shop sides in my personal collection.
Please feel free to list my username (and reference TRW) in your User Guide intro paragraph
as a possible source.

Thanks
Eric Payne
"I have a train full of basements"

NKPH&TS #3589

Inspiration at:
http://nkphts.org/modelersnotebook

bryan9

• Respect: 0
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 09:13:27 PM »
Jerry, this was obviously a HUGE amount of work. Here's a clap on the back for a fantastic contribution to our hobby!
--Bryan Pfaffenberger