Author Topic: If David Smith had the time, this is the model railroad he could build :o)  (Read 4751 times)

Zox

• Crew
  • Respect: +2
    • Lord Zox's Home Page
So basically DKS is the Chuck Norris of model railroading?  :D
Rob M., a.k.a. Zox
z o x @ v e r i z o n . n e t
http://lordzox.com/
It is said a Shaolin chef can wok through walls...

VonRyan

• Crew
  • Running on fumes
  • Respect: +641
So basically DKS is the Chuck Norris of model railroading?  :D

He is basically a combination of all the greatest modelling attributes of John Allen and Rick Spano plus those of his own.
So to make a long story short, or... To make an overscaled story into a smaller scale story...

Yes, David K. Smith can officially be considered the Chuck Norris of Model Railroading (or at least for everything N and smaller).

That is all...

-Cody F.
Cody W Fisher  —  Wandering soul from a bygone era.
Tired.
Fighting to reclaim shreds of the past.

VonRyan

• Crew
  • Running on fumes
Keep Calm
And
Trust
David K. Smith

Brought to you by an amalgamation of the various scale railroads and railways represented here on The Railwire.
Tired.

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +7025
Yeesh, my head is all swollen. I don't know if it's from the surgery or from reading the Railwire...

chuck geiger

• Crew
  • Las Piedras Railroad - Destination Desert
  • Respect: +2711
DKS would have Z scale coins put in parking meters. He would
also have shown the kid winding the watch. Oh and the birds
crapping.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 01:51:48 AM by chuck geiger »
Chuck Geiger
provencountrypd@gmail.com

Gozer the Gozerian

• Crew
  • Respect: +1156
Not Chuck Norris...he's a meat head.  More like a Steve Jobs of Model Railroading...to twist his quote, "We don't know what we want in model railroading until he shows us what we want"   Stand back for head exploding :D

Joe
Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor!

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
Your all wrong.  He'd do it in T scale.

Nah. I'd do it in FF Scale, 1:1000. Never heard of it? Not surprising, since I just made it up. FF is for fifty-five, the track gauge in thousandths of an inch (.055). But it's not an original idea; fellow Z/T scale enthusiast Ian Holmes has a leg up on me with his Nano Model Railroad. I have the same magnetic track device, which was a Railwire topic for a while; I just haven't decided what to do with it yet. Thing is, the track cannot be modified in any way, so whatever I do with it, it'll always be a racetrack. I'm torn between making an animated highway in T and following Ian's lead to make a nano layout similar to his. Or maybe both; either way, it's just more projects at risk of never being finished.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 10:35:28 AM by David K. Smith »

VonRyan

• Crew
  • Running on fumes
Nah. I'd do it in FF Scale, 1:1000. Never heard of it? Not surprising, since I just made it up. FF is for fifty-five, the track gauge in thousandths of an inch (.055). But it's not an original idea; fellow Z/T scale enthusiast Ian Holmes has a leg up on me with his Nano Model Railroad. I have the same magnetic track device, which was a Railwire topic for a while; I just haven't decided what to do with it yet. Thing is, the track cannot be modified in any way, so whatever I do with it, it'll always be a racetrack. I'm torn between making an animated highway in T and following Ian's lead to make a nano layout similar to his. Or maybe both; either way, it's just more projects at risk of never being finished.

And i thought i'd found a micro scale that you hadn't heard of... silly me for thinking that.

I think that this micro stuff has potential in terms of Nano size railroads transporting molecule sized loads. One benefit is that you can have your track, and most any track, made on PCB, for a cost of course. Turnouts would be interesting to see...

-Cody F.

Tired.

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
Turnouts would be interesting to see...

Or not, as the case may be.