Author Topic: Start Foaming..Lets See the STEAM!!!  (Read 136472 times)

9mm

• Respect: 0
Re: Start Foaming..Lets See the STEAM!!!
« Reply #525 on: May 16, 2013, 05:28:20 AM »
Good day here everybody!

While searching the web for some pictures of  big US steam engines I stumbled into this thread entitled "lets see the STEAM" - nice pictures!  :)
So I impromptu signed up here to contribute a photo from "the other side of the Atlantic". Hope, it is OK posting a German BR 01 right here!
Snapshot taken on my N scale layout,  loco by Fleischmann, "steam" by - you may guess......  ;)

Regards from Bavaria, Germany!
Diddy
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 05:39:16 AM by 9mm »

Lemosteam

• Crew
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +3603
    • Designer at Keystone Details
« Reply #526 on: May 16, 2013, 07:00:48 AM »
Nice 9mm!  And welcome!  Kepp em' coming!

VonRyan

• Crew
  • Running on fumes
  • Respect: +641
« Reply #527 on: May 16, 2013, 08:59:06 AM »
Good to see more foreign steam on here (as in outside of North America).
Keep 'em coming and the fires burning!

-Cody F.
Cody W Fisher  —  Wandering soul from a bygone era.
Tired.
Fighting to reclaim shreds of the past.

superturbine

• Crew
  • Respect: +62
« Reply #528 on: June 06, 2013, 11:27:34 PM »
After finishing my SP MT-4 I am feeling all warm and fuzzy for the Southern Pacific!
Even with the cold-

Jason Smith
Tomball Locomotive Works
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 11:46:00 PM by superturbine »

RWCJr

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #529 on: June 07, 2013, 12:35:09 PM »
Great photos Jason, even though the engines are the stars, your scenery really looks good too!
Robert

robert3985

• Crew
  • Respect: +1475
« Reply #530 on: June 08, 2013, 12:13:01 AM »

My son's MT-4 running on Echo Curve.  This is one of my favorite SP steam paint schemes!

(Peteski commented to me that he thought the original posted photo was too yellow, so I took a look and photoshopped it a little.  Some of my photos have been off a bit since I was using an old NEC CRT that was "burnt in" with the old Windows grassy field across half the screen...because my 17" laptop screen bit the dust and I needed a monitor quick.  Upgraded to a new hi-res, high speed/low drag screen for my laptop and installed it,  and decided to purchase a new monitor and use my pro color management software and hardware to ensure both of 'em are properly managed.  I agree with Peteski...it was too yellow.  Also Peteski thinks the superelevation is too much, but this photo really makes it more evident than when watching trains run on it.  The prototype has superelevated this curve...called "Echo Curve"...a lot, and the trains really do lean at least this much into it.)

Just for giggles, here's a photo of a prototype train at Echo Curve after it starts to flatten out a bit past the apex of the curve.  Still leanin' a lot...I apologize for not being able to find a steam engine...

« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 05:23:29 AM by robert3985 »

superturbine

• Crew
« Reply #531 on: June 08, 2013, 12:35:12 AM »
Awesome pic as always Robert

Mike Madonna

• Crew
  • Respect: +121
« Reply #532 on: June 08, 2013, 10:14:26 PM »
VERY impressive Robert. The "lean" looks really nice........
Mike
SOUTHERN PACIFIC Coast Division 1953
Santa Margarita Sub

robert3985

• Crew
« Reply #533 on: June 09, 2013, 03:53:47 AM »
Awesome pic as always Robert
VERY impressive Robert. The "lean" looks really nice........

Thanks! Means a lot coming from this group.  Yup, the superelevation is a big plus in my book, along with the spiral easements.  This photo really shows it off.

delamaize

• Crew
  • Prairie Line Native
  • Respect: +547
« Reply #534 on: June 09, 2013, 04:32:36 PM »
repost from the weekend update, Figured I'd put it here also.

I used Helicon remote, and Helicon focus to make the shot. Given I am using the free version, I had to.....be creative to make the watermark a little less obvious.......
Mike

Northern Pacific, Tacoma Division, 4th subdivision "The Prarie Line" (still in planning stages)

robert3985

• Crew
« Reply #535 on: June 10, 2013, 05:58:13 AM »
Petski PM'd me and commented that my photo of my son's MT-4 looked too yellowish and that the superelevation seemed exaggerated.  So...I modified my post to address Peteski's well thought out comments.  Some of you may find it of interest to re-read it.

One of the things I really enjoy here is the high level of expectation which keeps us on our toes!

Thanks Peteski for your comments :)

robert3985

• Crew
« Reply #536 on: June 10, 2013, 07:01:57 AM »
These aren't SP, but thought I'd post this photo anyway.  Was the cover for Rail Model Journal a long time ago and they're my engines and trains...my trackside details and my friend Kelly's rock carving...Weber Canyon again (hey, it's what I model!)

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +5248
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #537 on: June 10, 2013, 09:26:26 PM »
Petski PM'd me and commented that my photo of my son's MT-4 looked too yellowish and that the superelevation seemed exaggerated.  So...I modified my post to address Peteski's well thought out comments.  Some of you may find it of interest to re-read it.

One of the things I really enjoy here is the high level of expectation which keeps us on our toes!

Thanks Peteski for your comments :)

Bob, thanks for addressing my comments. Your photos are always superb as far as both; the quality and composition are concerned.  That's why when I saw that yellow-tinted photo I sent you my PM.  Looks like you had some valid reasons for why that photo looked like that. The retouched version looks much better!  Too bad I can't see them side by side to compare them.

As far as the superelevation goes, the front of that train looks pretty good. What concerned me is the end of the car (with the antenna on the roof) seen in the background, around the curve. It (at least to me) looks like it is just about ready to tip over to the side.  It is most likely just an optical illusion, but it bugged me. That's why I mentioned it.

I see that you posted a photo of the Webber Canyon.  I really hate to say it, but to me ... it also looks a bit too yellow! The clouds look a bit creamy. Otherwise, it is a superb photo. I'll go and hide in my basement now!  :facepalm:
. . . 42 . . .

superturbine

• Crew
« Reply #538 on: June 10, 2013, 11:40:19 PM »

Just for giggles, here's a photo of a prototype train at Echo Curve after it starts to flatten out a bit past the apex of the curve.  Still leanin' a lot...I apologize for not being able to find a steam engine...

[/quote]

I agree with Pete, way to much yellow going on!  That engine should be Black! :D

superturbine

• Crew
« Reply #539 on: June 10, 2013, 11:43:17 PM »
An FEF in helper service, with heavy weathering!  Hold on, I have a tear in my eye.

[/quote]

Of course it could be for happiness!  Cool pic and awesome scenery!

Jason Smith