Author Topic: Atlas rocks...  (Read 2835 times)

lock4244

• Crew
  • Respect: +653
    • My train pics
Atlas rocks...
« on: April 19, 2010, 09:12:51 AM »
Finally, I can get my Pointe Ste. Charles vans RTR  ;D

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2278
Re: Atlas rocks...
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 12:58:50 PM »
I wish they would do some like their C&O in red with black roofs , porches , and steps WITHOUT lettering for us fantasy road guys to decal .
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 01:04:51 PM by up1950s »

Richie Dost

Puddington

• Crew
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +245
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 08:03:42 PM »
Finally, I can get my Pointe Ste. Charles vans RTR  ;D

Ok Mike; you're too funny.....way too funny.......................... I mean, "this" is closer than "that"...............LOL

We can "pine for the fjords" all we want but Atlas just ain't goin pony up no Pointe St Charles or Angus shops vans......sigh  :-[
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +158
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 02:23:38 AM »
      Maybe Rapido Trains will do their HO Van in N some day, then again we are waiting for Bradley Coaches,and an expanded passenger car line,but it does look like the Turdbo (turbo) Train is coming in N ,hope that means we might get the LRC with sound recorded from a real LRC Loco at a museum.                                                                                                                                Nate Goodman (Nato). Salt Lake, Utah.

lock4244

• Crew
    • My train pics
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 09:02:09 AM »
That is what I've been thinking, Nate. I think it's inevitable that Rapido will bring HO offerings to N. Beyond the reset of the smooth side car fleet, The Canadian, the LRC and steam gennie, I really, really want that EV van for CP and TH&B and if my assumptions are correct, the next logical offering would be a PSC van. I can wait for them... God knows, we've all had to wait for a long time for this or that in N.

I believe before this decade is through, we shall see a PSC van in N.

sizemore

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +77
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 09:08:24 AM »
The 5 buck box, it rocks, it rocks,
It rocks for a meal with locks and locks,
It rocks for a jock,
It rocks for a fox,
It rocks blockin’ shots on guys with dreadlocks

What comes in this box,
This box that rocks,

A cheesy gordita, crunch to munch,

We all scream for a burrito supreme,

A crunchy taco and cinanomin twists?

Both on the list but wait let me think an ice cold drink,

That is lots and lots in one box.

And it's only 5 bucks and that's why it rocks.

Sorry had too,
The S.

Thompson Sub: Instagram | Youtube | Website

Puddington

• Crew
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 09:24:46 AM »
That is what I've been thinking, Nate. I think it's inevitable that Rapido will bring HO offerings to N. Beyond the reset of the smooth side car fleet, The Canadian, the LRC and steam gennie, I really, really want that EV van for CP and TH&B and if my assumptions are correct, the next logical offering would be a PSC van. I can wait for them... God knows, we've all had to wait for a long time for this or that in N.

Jason will bring as much as he can to N scale if:

1. He can do it to his exacting standards of detail....the steam generator car is an issue because the HO car really produces a mist (steam) - The last time I heard, they were not clear if they could do this in N scale. The "Canadian" is on Kato's radar; when is the question. Jason would have to be assured his N scale Canadian wouldn't run into Kato lest he lose his shirt.

2. There is a viable market. Jason's been totally upfront with his open letters about pre ordering and how the market (atleast for Rapido) works. He can't hold inventory; he makes what he'll sell; period. So there would have to be a viable market for PSC or Angus shop vans in N scale. (I believe there is)

BTW: The Toronto Railway Historical Association has a reserve placed on one of the last LRC locomotives. They have until August to come up with the rest of the purchase price or the idiots at VIA (and let me tell you; that is an accurate description of their management - they'd rather scrap a historic locomotive than donate it....idiot fits) will keep the deposit and scrap the loco.....Jason Shron himself put the deposit down.... that's how dedicated this guy is....The TRHA is trying to raise the bucks to save the LRC and move it to the John Street Roundhouse Museum. Jason's putting HO versions of the LRC up as incentives to donate - If he'd promise an N scale version I bet he'd get a few bucks !
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

cv_acr

• Crew
  • Respect: +131
    • Canadian Freight Railcar Gallery
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 12:27:06 PM »
Ok Mike; you're too funny.....way too funny.......................... I mean, "this" is closer than "that"...............LOL

I just love the backlash against Rapido that came up on the Atlas forum for making "foobie" cabooses in US colours, comparing their promo photo of a Conrail caboose against a prototype photo of the same number and accusing Rapido of lying to their customers.

This is the same stuff we've been dealing with for years with US models painted in foobie Canadian paint schemes...
Kinda nice to have the shoe on the other foot for a change.

Puddington

• Crew
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 12:38:21 PM »

I just love the backlash against Rapido that came up on the Atlas forum for making "foobie" cabooses in US colours, comparing their promo photo of a Conrail caboose against a prototype photo of the same number and accusing Rapido of lying to their customers.

This is the same stuff we've been dealing with for years with US models painted in foobie Canadian paint schemes...
Kinda nice to have the shoe on the other foot for a change.

I challenge anyone with more than 7 functioning braincells to explain how, a Canadian company; proudly stating that they are producing a Canadian caboose model; giving you an entirely too detailed history of said caboose on their website and in their sales literature, can be accused of trying to lie to their clients about a 'foobie" paint job.........still; I guess it shouldn't surprise me; after all, don't we have the right to expect god like perfection at Walmart prices, all delivered within a nano second of our purchasing whim.....?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 12:44:41 PM by Puddington »

lock4244

• Crew
    • My train pics
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 01:56:22 PM »

1. He can do it to his exacting standards of detail....the steam generator car is an issue because the HO car really produces a mist (steam) - The last time I heard, they were not clear if they could do this in N scale. The "Canadian" is on Kato's radar; when is the question. Jason would have to be assured his N scale Canadian wouldn't run into Kato lest he lose his shirt.

2. There is a viable market. Jason's been totally upfront with his open letters about pre ordering and how the market (atleast for Rapido) works. He can't hold inventory; he makes what he'll sell; period. So there would have to be a viable market for PSC or Angus shop vans in N scale. (I believe there is)

Personally, I could care less if the N gennie produces steam... seems like a superfluous feature to me. I just want one (or three actually).

As for the PSC van and the CP EV van... I'll make it economically justifiable to produce, or at least do my part. 24 PSC, 24 CP EV, and 2 TH&B EV.

LRC seems like a worthy locomotive to save. Shot them often and rode behind them a few times... I'll likely donate, but I won't be getting an LRC or coaches.

cv_acr

• Crew
  • Respect: +131
    • Canadian Freight Railcar Gallery
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 02:46:42 PM »
I challenge anyone with more than 7 functioning braincells to explain how, a Canadian company; proudly stating that they are producing a Canadian caboose model; giving you an entirely too detailed history of said caboose on their website and in their sales literature, can be accused of trying to lie to their clients about a 'foobie" paint job.........still; I guess it shouldn't surprise me; after all, don't we have the right to expect god like perfection at Walmart prices, all delivered within a nano second of our purchasing whim.....?

Well, he showed a picture of the Rapido caboose in CR colours, and a prototype photo of the same number, said "WTF is this crap all about?" (paraphrasing) and said that Rapido was "lying" (actual word used) because the two weren't remotely similar in design. Some people...

(Even better, was this message Jason shared on the CanModelTrains Yahoo! list, which some doorknob sent in response to a promotion about the LRC locomotive that TRHA is trying to save:

Here is one message I just received in response to today's Telegraph:

--
not only do we have to wait 3 years for the particular model you advertize and
when it arrives we have to ferrit through all it's Q/A issues, now you're asking
for 2 grand for another hair lame scheme...geez dude, you're such a con
artist...take me off your snake oil list
--

I rarely insult my customers, but here's what I wrote to him:

--
Thanks for your email. You are obviously a man of great intelligence.

You can unsubscribe using the link at the bottom of the newsletter.

-Jason
--

Somehow, I doubt he will get the irony of my message.
)

Puddington

• Crew
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 05:18:42 PM »

Personally, I could care less if the N gennie produces steam... seems like a superfluous feature to me. I just want one (or three actually).

As for the PSC van and the CP EV van... I'll make it economically justifiable to produce, or at least do my part. 24 PSC, 24 CP EV, and 2 TH&B EV.

LRC seems like a worthy locomotive to save. Shot them often and rode behind them a few times... I'll likely donate, but I won't be getting an LRC or coaches.

Sounds like you and I could make the run worthwhile Mike ! ;D

Puddington

• Crew
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 05:20:18 PM »
with regard to the aforementioned gnetleman who wished to be removed from the Telegraph list.......

Oh goodie..... just when I was worried our hobby didn't have it's full quota of freaking nutbars.......I feel much better knowing we are doing our part to give the deranged their soapbox........
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 05:21:51 PM by Puddington »

Packer

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2010, 06:14:34 PM »

Doubt it, there are only 8 months left in this decade. Products usually seem to take longer than that to go from announced to in stores..
Vincent

If N scale had good SD40-2s, C30-7s, U30Cs, SD45s, SD40s, and SW10s; I'd be in N scale.

lock4244

• Crew
    • My train pics
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 06:27:03 PM »

Doubt it, there are only 8 months left in this decade. Products usually seem to take longer than that to go from announced to in stores..

In Canada, car drives you  ;D