Author Topic: True Line Trains 50' Paper Box car  (Read 23362 times)

ljudice

Re: True Line Trains 50' Paper Box car
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2009, 09:05:57 PM »
mon dieu! ils ont utilisé le mot "Canadian", des deux côtés!

Je suis très mécontent maintenant!

daniel_leavitt2000

• Crew
  • Respect: +1294
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2009, 09:14:55 PM »
Thats a very quick way to alienate 50% of your target audience. Now this will be a total strip and repaint job on 6 cars.... damn it.
There's a shyness found in reason
Apprehensive influence swallow away
You seem to feel abysmal take it
Then you're careful grace for sure
Kinda like the way you're breathing
Kinda like the way you keep looking away

ljudice

« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2009, 09:59:59 PM »
Daniel - I think it could be touched over - with the "E" put on one side - and then weathered.

But I totally agree - what a boneheaded mistake!

Puddington

• Crew
  • Modelling is the best medicine for what ails me.
  • Respect: +245
    • The Canadian Pacific Railway's Dominion
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2009, 11:06:39 PM »
Ce ne sera pas bien reçu dans certaines régions du Canada

Ok; there is really no excuse for that - they got it right on the HO cars - now; I haven't seen it personally, but if Daniel's cars are as he says then a lot of people will be very, very unhappy.... I'm not a CN expert but I can't think of a reason why the bilinguial livery wouldn't be used.....

Unreal.......
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

ljudice

« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2009, 11:39:09 PM »

"You can only see one side at a time, so shut up and stop complaining!"
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 11:41:57 PM by ljudice »

Puddington

• Crew
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2009, 08:46:39 AM »

"You can only see one side at a time, so shut up and stop complaining!"

Were you at my operating session last night..... where'd you get our picture.....? ;D
Model railroading isn't saving my life, but it's providing me moments of joy not normally associated with my current situation..... Train are good!

trainforfun

• Crew
  • Respect: +93
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2009, 12:31:56 PM »

Ok; there is really no excuse for that - they got it right on the HO cars - now; I haven't seen it personally, but if Daniel's cars are as he says then a lot of people will be very, very unhappy.... I'm not a CN expert but I can't think of a reason why the bilinguial livery wouldn't be used.....

Unreal.......

Being from "Certain Région du Canada" , I am not specially frustrated by this mistake , but all modelers who were waiting for these cars should be frustrated that they did not do it right . I will surely not be the one to start something about that .
Thanks ,
Louis

cv_acr

• Crew
  • Respect: +131
    • Canadian Freight Railcar Gallery
« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2009, 03:09:55 PM »
Well, one thing to keep in mind as well is that all of the CN cars are repaints. Originally they would have had yellow doors, and it's a little disappointing not to get them in the as-delivered paint, with yellow doors and bilingual lettering. Some repaints just had the english "Canadian" on both sides (anything goes sometimes with shop repainted cars), but others still got proper english and french. Some cars also just had the doors painted over and kept the original lettering, unless they really needed a full repaint.
Still, the model should reflect the bilingual lettering, since that was such a distinctive part of CN's paint scheme, and really a central reason behind the branding change in the early 1960s. "CN" was bilingual, "CNR" was not. (Canadian National Railway vs. Chemin de fer Canadien National)

Puddington

• Crew
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2009, 05:28:55 PM »
True enough - they were technically repaints - TLT did the following cars:

The last car wasn't actually part of the same series as the first five; it was 401000 to 401399...... These were built, I believe in 1964. 401516 was built in 1967.

I can accept the fact that the shops were a little lax in their treatment of the cars - and I also agree with the fact that they should have been given the proper livery - I did find a few shots of some of the cars in question.....

Car 399 - clearly in French.....

Car 375.....

I guess it "could" be that the research TLT did indicated the double English; but given the fact that their HO offering had the correct bilingual livery and the fact that the error on the CP Rail car shows they used the same graphics on both sides, I'm guess in this is a case of "one die fits all".....

.... "oops" ?

« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 05:31:18 PM by Puddington »

Puddington

• Crew
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2009, 05:30:32 PM »

Unreal.......

Being from "Certain Région du Canada" , I am not specially frustrated by this mistake , but all modelers who were waiting for these cars should be frustrated that they did not do it right . I will surely not be the one to start something about that .

I wasn't infurring anything other than another modeler and I (he's in St. Bruno, our head office town) made that very comment to me somewhat humourously....

No offense !

cv_acr

• Crew
  • Respect: +131
    • Canadian Freight Railcar Gallery
« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2009, 06:58:57 PM »

The last car wasn't actually part of the same series as the first five; it was 401000 to 401399...... These were built, I believe in 1964. 401516 was built in 1967.

Which makes the 401516 the only correct number on the TLT model.

Puddington

• Crew
« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2009, 07:39:46 PM »

Which makes the 401516 the only correct number on the TLT model.

.......and the plot thickens........... :o

Puddington

• Crew
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2009, 12:06:55 PM »
I am now disappointed; without going into details of conversations that I have not been present at; and have only had related to me second hand, the response for TLT has been reported to be very disappointing. There has been no admission of an error or errors; rather they are deflecting direct requests for information (I e-mailed them and have yet to have been granted a response) and I am led to believe that they are "blaming" bad information from various sources for their livery issues. No response at all on the door rail issue.

I can't speak directly to the specifics as I was not in contact with them, not that I haven't tried but those who have been seem to be disappointed with the response.

Clearly they haven't learned from people like Jason at Rapido who fess up to a boo boo and move on.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 12:13:13 PM by Puddington »

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +598
« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2009, 12:30:10 PM »
Wow. :o

lock4244

• Crew
  • Respect: +654
    • My train pics
« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2009, 12:48:53 PM »
So they got the bi-lingual cars right in HO but not in N. Must have been a "oh well, n scalers won't notice anyways" thing. It's one thing to do something half-assed, but they're not charging for a half-assed job  >:(