Author Topic: Rowa passenger cars - what to paint for early Amtrak era.  (Read 4330 times)

Angus Shops

• Crew
  • Respect: +274
Re: Rowa passenger cars - what to paint for early Amtrak era.
« Reply #30 on: Yesterday at 07:10:28 PM »
OK, I’m convinced - I noticed that my local HS has a Rowa coach and a sleeper in the used dept. I’ll grab them if they’re still there at my next visit. The sleeper will be repainted into a proto scheme that would be appropriate for my 1958 time frame and run on my Mountaineer train (CP’s Mountaineer being a Chicago - Vancouver summer season train that used a wide variety of charter sleeping cars in package tour service and is a great opportunity to include almost any foreign road sleeping car). I’m not sure about a use for the coach but maybe a repaint into D&H just for the fun of it - I can’t think of any reason for a foreign road coach to be present on a CP train in the Rockies in 1958…
It’s nice to see the Rowa cars get some love - they were top of the line back when they were introduced and I had a few when I was starting out back in the day.

Well, they were gone… I’ll tell myself it was just another project I didn’t need.