Author Topic: He's gonna need a lot of help on this one....  (Read 1787 times)

Sdynamo

• Crew
  • Respect: +8
Re: He's gonna need a lot of help on this one....
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2024, 12:29:10 PM »
Hey @randgust,

Not sure where you are in your command station adventure, but the DCS50 will work with a LocoBuffer-USB and Win XP, 7, and 10.  We ran a Win7 laptop and a LocoBuffer-USB with a DCS 50 until recently at our club.

If you need any help with windows and DigiTrax, I'm happy to help, as I'm sure others here on the forum are as well.

JW

Sumner

• Crew
  • Respect: +655
    • My Home Pages....
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2024, 12:41:25 PM »
+1
...   The DZ126T .... been my go-to decoder here, I've never had trouble with them if I can get them to fit.

Congrats on the installs and I have a number of 126T installs and like them and have some still to install but..............for just a couple dollars more...

.... you can get an ESU LokPilot.  Smaller yet and more functions and some say better motor control.  Might give them a look at some point.  A little more info here....

https://1fatgmc.com/RailRoad/Decoder-1/page-28.html

Sumner
Working in N Scale ---Modeling UP from late 40's to early 70's very loosely......

Under$8.00 Servo turnout Control --- 3D Printed Model RR Objects -- My Home Page

http://1fatgmc.com/RailRoad/RR Main/Link Page Menu.html

randgust

• Crew
  • Respect: +2181
    • Randgust N Scale Kits
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2024, 07:17:54 PM »
On my Climax installs, I don't even use the headlight!  No self respecting logging railroad wasted kerosene burning a headlight in the middle of the day.

Thanks though.   

On the Tsunami 1100, something strange happened.   When I set the proper 4-digit decoder address the speed table and control issues disappeared.  Other than the chuff rate, I'm good with the defaults, so if I have to mess with just ONE setting from the defaults, I'm giving it a go here.   

randgust

• Crew
  • Respect: +2181
    • Randgust N Scale Kits
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2024, 07:41:34 PM »
+2
I've been able to program the CV's with the old Zephyr successfully.   The defaults are pretty darn good.

I've set the address, changed the whistle over to the PRR 'banshee', and got the chuff rate set to those little drivers, at least a lot better. 

And that's all I have to do to get it usable for Altoona in September.   I'm good!