Author Topic: Replacement Motor For Kato F7B  (Read 1565 times)

mmagliaro

• Crew
  • Respect: +1853
    • Maxcow Online
Re: Replacement Motor For Kato F7B
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2024, 11:13:43 PM »
+1
My experience with calling Atlas for parts in the distant past (maybe 10 years since I had to call them?) is that they have a lot more stuff in their stash than their website would suggest.  They were very cooperative and would go off hunting through bins where they thought some parts might be.

Dwight in Toronto

• Crew
  • Respect: +342
Re: Replacement Motor For Kato F7B
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2024, 07:30:53 AM »
+1
My experience with calling Atlas for parts in the distant past (maybe 10 years since I had to call them?) is that they have a lot more stuff in their stash than their website would suggest.  They were very cooperative and would go off hunting through bins where they thought some parts might be.

This was precisely my experience two weeks ago. 

Their website spare parts listing did not include a replacement motor for a GP38-2, so I used their “email us a question” feature.  I got a reply the very next morning, verifying availability & cost, along with “how to phone and order” details.  My call was answered after the first ring, and ordering/payment was easy peasy. 

Shoutout to Atlas customer service manager Steve Millenbach - pleasant, helpful and efficient - thanks for the help!

Lackawannae8

• Crew
  • John O
  • Respect: +12
IG: the_lackawanna_cutoff_n_scale

I build cool things with DCC & Sounds