Author Topic: Digitrax Universal Consists - clear all consists?  (Read 152 times)

bigdawgks

• Crew
  • Respect: +186
Digitrax Universal Consists - clear all consists?
« on: June 13, 2024, 10:57:47 AM »
Hi, are there any Digitrax power users here?

Our club uses a DTX command station and boosters on our layout and a lot of members use Universal consisting when operating their trains while using DTX throttles. The problem is people don't remember to unconsist everything when they're done. We have some users that prefer to use WiFi throttles connected via JMRI WiThrottle server and the problem is that loco addresses in a consist cannot be acquired by these throttles until the consist is destroyed.

So what I seek is a way to wipe out all consists on the command station, either via JMRI or otherwise, without having to manually remove addresses one by one. Preferably a way to do this without factory resetting our command station. I couldn't find any good answers to my query online, and certainly not on the rather lacking Digitrax documentation site. If anyone knows of a solution please share.

Sdynamo

• Crew
  • Respect: +7
Re: Digitrax Universal Consists - clear all consists?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2024, 11:32:07 AM »
I think under the command station menu in JMRI there is an OPs switch you can flip (t/c) to clear all consists in the command station.  Otherwise you are stuck clearing slots one by one in the slot monitor.

JW

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +3025
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2024, 11:36:22 AM »
You want to reset ops switch 36.   It will clear consists.   Get yourself a copy of this doc.  It’s a great reference guide for Digitrax / doc setups

http://www.trainweb.org/nrmrc/dcc/ntrakdccdesign.pdf

mmyers

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +49
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2024, 05:29:15 PM »
Closing Option switch 36 clears all consists and slots. It can be done using a throttle or through JMRI. You can also use JMRI Slot Monitor to clear individual slots and consists.

bigdawgks

• Crew
  • Respect: +186
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2024, 05:55:49 PM »
Thanks, I will give that a try.