Author Topic: eMail from Tichy Train Group  (Read 1144 times)

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2248
eMail from Tichy Train Group
« on: February 24, 2024, 11:24:12 PM »
+13
TICHY TRAIN GROUP INC

2/25/2024

Dear Modeler,

First some updates. I have completely recovered from my illness and am back at work. I would like to thank everyone who wished me well. For contact purposes we are open from 9 to 6 Monday to Thursday and will usually answer the phone if we are in. We do not have an answering machine set up on the phone at this time. We prefer email communication and will generally respond to emails within 48 hours. We are still not doing custom decal artwork at this time but can custom print decals if you provide a high quality PDF of what you want.

We are starting a new series of emails highlighting some of our product groups. This first one is on our phosphor bronze wire. You can use our wire in any application where you used brass wire in the past. Brass wire is an alloy of copper and zinc. Phosphor bronze wire is an alloy of copper, tin and phosphorus. It is stronger, more wear resistant and corrosion resistant than brass. It work hardens less than brass so you can straighten and re-bend it without breaking, unlike brass. It solders the same as brass and is a better material for electrical contacts. Since it corrodes less, there is less likelihood of paint flaking off long term. One negative for us is it costs more but it gives you a better product. Our wire is supplied with a spring temper so it is fairly rigid but still easy to form.

We supply it in the following sizes:
.008, .010, .0126, .015, .020, .025, .032 & .040. It is packaged in rigid plastic tubes and it is available in both 8 inch & 3 foot lengths.

We have created a table of all of our wire sizes and their scale dimensions in common scales. To print a copy use the link for wire chart page.

LINK FOR WIRE CHART PAGE

LINK TO SHOP FOR WIRE

LINK FOR HOME PAGE

Now that you know everything about our wire, we are running a sale on wire to the end of March. Just use the code WIRE in the coupon box at checkout to receive 10% off on all wire tubes. We have also created a wire assortment #1099 that contains 1 of each size 8" wire tube for $20, a $4 savings. It is the first item on the wire page using the above shop link.

Don & Teri Tichy
DON & TERI TICHY
TICHY TRAIN GROUP INC

« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 11:41:45 PM by up1950s »

Richie Dost

JeffB

• Crew
  • Respect: +184
Re: eMail from Tichy Train Group
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2024, 02:52:57 PM »
Thanks for that update on Tichy...

Got a little concerned when Don backed out of the Amherst show last month. 

I ditched brass wire for their phosphor bronze wire ages ago...  Great stuff.

Jeff

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
  • Respect: +1074
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2024, 05:07:37 PM »
+1
It's nice to see a positive email from a manufacturer.  It seems like nowadays most of what we get are "we closed yesterday" or "For no particular reason, we are raising prices another 20%" or "we have decided to cancel production on the model that pre-orders closed on 2 years ago."

And it comes with a handy wire scale chart.

I just wish Tichy produced more in N scale.  As it is, I have built several of their work car, crane, and gondola kits, and have a stock of windows and doors, and a few decals.  And was using their wire, but ran out.

The one thing (besides making more N scale stuff) I wish they would do is offer bulk packs on the windows- when working on a big building, it is a pain (and expensive) to have to buy umpteen 4 or 8 packs.
Tom D.

I have a mind like a steel trap...a VERY rusty, old steel trap.

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5631
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2024, 05:30:08 PM »
Next time I order wire. I think I'll do 10 tubes of each size I use. Before I can no longer buy it.

CBQ Fan

• Crew
  • Respect: +350
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2024, 06:02:34 PM »
If they make the CB&Q MOW set I will buy it!
Brian

Way of the Zephyr

rodsup9000

• Crew
  • Respect: +651
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2024, 08:17:02 PM »
I wish they would do is offer bulk packs on the windows- when working on a big building, it is a pain (and expensive) to have to buy umpteen 4 or 8 packs.
   I have a lot of their windows and door on hand that I bought in '16 when I bought my little laser. Then when I bought my first Photon resin printer,
 I started printing what size and style I need. Maybe you need a printer!!!!  :D :D :D :D
Rodney

My Feather River Canyon in N-scale
http://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=31585.0

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2024, 09:45:39 PM »
   I have a lot of their windows and door on hand that I bought in '16 when I bought my little laser. Then when I bought my first Photon resin printer,
 I started printing what size and style I need. Maybe you need a printer!!!!  :D :D :D :D
I've thought about it.  However, until I can find a convenient way to learn the printer and slicer software, find a design package I find intuitive, and make reliable prints BEFORE I invest in the printer, I'm spending my money on getting a layout together.
Tom D.

rodsup9000

• Crew
  • Respect: +651
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2024, 10:20:30 PM »
I've thought about it.  However, until I can find a convenient way to learn the printer and slicer software, find a design package I find intuitive, and make reliable prints BEFORE I invest in the printer, I'm spending my money on getting a layout together.
Tom, I here what your saying 100%. Get the layout built so you can run trains.
 Then look at for a software you are comfortable with to design what you want, and then the printer.
Rodney

My Feather River Canyon in N-scale
http://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=31585.0

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +8974
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2024, 11:10:56 AM »
It's nice to see a positive email from a manufacturer.  It seems like nowadays most of what we get are "we closed yesterday" or "For no particular reason, we are raising prices another 20%" or "we have decided to cancel production on the model that pre-orders closed on 2 years ago."

So true! I saw the title of the thread and thought "Oh no, another one gone!".

Whew.

Gozer the Gozerian

• Crew
  • Respect: +1156
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2024, 12:20:31 PM »
I can send you positive emails if you want  :) 

And it comes with a handy wire scale chart.

I just wish Tichy produced more in N scale.  As it is, I have built several of their work car, crane, and gondola kits, and have a stock of windows and doors, and a few decals.  And was using their wire, but ran out.

The one thing (besides making more N scale stuff) I wish they would do is offer bulk packs on the windows- when working on a big building, it is a pain (and expensive) to have to buy umpteen 4 or 8 packs.
Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor!

Dave V

• Crew
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +9184
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2024, 12:27:48 PM »
So true! I saw the title of the thread and thought "Oh no, another one gone!".

Whew.

Yeah, as someone who scratchbuilds routinely, I think I issued an audible sigh of relief after I read the OP.

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2024, 01:57:54 PM »
I can send you positive emails if you want  :)
I'll check my mailbox every day.  :D
Tom D.