Author Topic: Showcase Miniatures 1953 Ford Fordor Police Cruiser  (Read 662 times)

cfritschle

• Crew
  • Respect: +293
    • N Scale Vehicle Association
Showcase Miniatures 1953 Ford Fordor Police Cruiser
« on: October 07, 2023, 01:29:30 PM »
Just in case anyone missed the email from Walter and Debbie Friday morning, Showcase Miniatures has released a 1953 Ford Fordor police cruiser. https://www.showcaseminiatures.net/n_scale/n_scale_vehicles/160.html

And yes, "Fordor" is spelled correctly!  For many years, Ford called their their 4-door sedans a Fordor, and their 2-door sedans a Tudor.   :D
Carter

N Scale Vehicle Association
"For the modeler and collector of 1:160 scale model vehicles and equipment"
http://nscalevehicles.org/

JoeD

• Crew
  • Respect: +1167
Re: Showcase Miniatures 1953 Ford Fordor Police Cruiser
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2023, 11:49:41 AM »
Just in case anyone missed the email from Walter and Debbie Friday morning, Showcase Miniatures has released a 1953 Ford Fordor police cruiser. https://www.showcaseminiatures.net/n_scale/n_scale_vehicles/160.html

And yes, "Fordor" is spelled correctly!  For many years, Ford called their their 4-door sedans a Fordor, and their 2-door sedans a Tudor.   :D

And a single door was a Hordor.?    LOL 
in my civvies here.  I only represent my grandmothers home made Mac and Cheese on Railwire.

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
  • Respect: +1081
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2023, 01:18:20 PM »

As I recollect, when I was very, very young, our family had a green Tudor.  It either had a push button ignition, or Dad left the keys in the car.  One day, when I was 4, I was playing in the car, pretending to drive, and started it. I was about 3 feet too short to reach the clutch- so I didn't go anywhere. And I wouldn't have gone far in any case- I did not master a "three on the tree" gearshift until I was 29.  But Dad, who was mowing the lawn, took immediate notice. Lol.

This is a definite purchase for me. Just about every police car in Chicago in the 50s was a Ford, or so the internet tells me. 
Tom D.

I have a mind like a steel trap...a VERY rusty, old steel trap.

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +5221
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2023, 01:48:31 PM »
As I recollect, when I was very, very young, our family had a green Tudor.  It either had a push button ignition, or Dad left the keys in the car.  One day, when I was 4, I was playing in the car, pretending to drive, and started it. I was about 3 feet too short to reach the clutch- so I didn't go anywhere. And I wouldn't have gone far in any case- I did not master a "three on the tree" gearshift until I was 29.  But Dad, who was mowing the lawn, took immediate notice. Lol..

Hmmm. In all he stick-shift cars I have driven when the clutch peal is *NOT* depressed by your foot, the clutch is engaged, coupling the engine to the transmission.  If that car was parked while it was left in 1st gear, starting it in that state would have make it jump forward.  If it was left in neutral, then it was irrelevant whether the clutch was engaged or disengaged - the engine would just idle and the car would not move.
. . . 42 . . .

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
  • Respect: +1081
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2023, 04:44:23 PM »
That's right.  The point was that when I was 4 I could not reach the clutch with my foot, because I was 3' tall (I don't really remember, exactly), so even though I started the car (in neutral), I could not make it move, because I could not depress the clutch in order to engage it.  Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Tom D.

I have a mind like a steel trap...a VERY rusty, old steel trap.

Snark45

• Crew
  • But Dad, don't we EAT the antelopes?
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2023, 09:58:42 PM »
This '53 Ford police cruiser with police figures is great!  Now I just need some cast resin n-scale giant ants...    Harry