Author Topic: Digitrax UT6 Battery ReCharging problem  (Read 572 times)

Chinapig

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
Digitrax UT6 Battery ReCharging problem
« on: August 27, 2023, 11:05:19 AM »
I've problems recharging my NI-MH battery pack that I use with my UT6D throttle.  Following the instructions, I insert a 15vdc jack into the socket and the only response I get is a message saying the throttle is now running on external power.  No matter how many times I press the On/Off button, I still cannot get a Charge text above the 7 key.  I've just updated the Firmware and that's not made any difference.
Has anyone else had problems doing this?
Cheers, Ted
Ted

Member of Gosport Model Railroad Club, England: www.gosportrailroadgroup.org.uk
modeling oNeTrak modules.

Rasputen

• Crew
  • Respect: +295
Re: Digitrax UT6 Battery ReCharging problem
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2023, 03:07:00 PM »
Good Ol Digitrax documentation.  What they forgot to tell you is that the on/off switch is also a rocker button.  To bring up the charge option (and other options) you need to rocker the switch downwards. 

mmyers

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +49
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2023, 03:12:28 PM »
Ted,
 That lower left power button has a left side and a right side. If you press it on its left side the button will depress on a slight angle to the left and you get the power off or on messages. Press it on the right side where the back arrow is and it will give you the "Charge" message above the C key. Press the C key and it will charge your battery. Took a while to figure this out because the manual does not mention the toggle type action on that button. Pressing it in the center will usually turn track power on and off but also go back and every once in a while the Charge message will pop up. Once you get the hang of it operation is very simple. BTW, the throttle cannot be plugged into a live loconet to charge. It will not go into charge mode on a live loconet.
Martin Myers

Chinapig

• Crew
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2023, 03:49:53 PM »
Thanks for the replies, Guys.
I've tried repeatedly pressing the button up, down left and right but the predominant message I get is TrkOn and TrkOff.
I've had the throttle for about 18 months now and have successfully recharged the battery a couple of times - the last time it worked after doing a firmware update.  No such luck this time even after doing another firmware update.  Before succeeding last time I even bought another rechargeable battery thinking the battery was duff.  I've now two batteries I can't recharge.
Weird.

Ted
Ted

Rasputen

• Crew
  • Respect: +295
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2023, 05:10:00 PM »
The OP was referring to the UT6 Utility throttle, not the DT602 throttle.  On the UT6, the power switch rocks down, not to the right.

Chinapig

• Crew
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2023, 10:16:43 AM »
I've got it to work now.
After liaising with Digitrax they suggested setting the throttle back to the default setting by activating ID40 which you find under Menu option 3-Utility Tasks, and then Menu option 3-Throttle Options.
Ted

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +5206
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2023, 10:53:13 AM »
+1
I've got it to work now.
After liaising with Digitrax they suggested setting the throttle back to the default setting by activating ID40 which you find under Menu option 3-Utility Tasks, and then Menu option 3-Throttle Options.

Funny, that sounds similat to the ID10T often used in private jokes in high-tech circles.  No disrespect meant here since that doesn't, apply in this instance.
. . . 42 . . .