Author Topic: Short Circuit Detection  (Read 471 times)

drgw0579

• Crew
  • Respect: +52
Short Circuit Detection
« on: September 29, 2023, 12:27:06 PM »
I have a couple DCC Specialties PSXX DCC Circuit Breakers that work great.   I've been looking at connecting them to my CMRI system so if there is a circuit, I can turn on a LED on my fascia and maybe do some other things.   I could put a rectifier/regulator on the track output and use that as an input the CMRI, but that would just tell me there is/is no power, not that the breaker has tripped.  In looking at the manual, I see the board has an optional short indication, and a "sonalert" can be purchased for an audible alarm.   Has anyone done that?   Maybe its a 5V component and maybe instead of the buzzer, that circuit could be an input to a cmri port?   Before I try this, has anyone done that before?

Bill Kepner

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +3219
Re: Short Circuit Detection
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2023, 03:02:45 PM »
Iirc.  The breakers have outputs on the board that could be used for network feedback.  Also led outputs that do what you want.    The docs are linked at Tony’s.   I just don’t have time right now since I’m on a phone

drgw0579

• Crew
  • Respect: +52
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2023, 06:28:19 PM »
Thanks.  I see the LEDs jumpers and I can try that.   Will report back how that works with JMRI.

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +3219
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2023, 07:06:21 PM »
http://dccspecialties.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/PSXX-Manual-Rev-C-Rev-G.pdf

That is the full manual .. I con't have CMRI -- so thats about all the help i can give